Voices - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Voices Reviews

½ February 22, 2016
This is a terrible movie. It's one of those 'psychological' horror films that's really just a first grade attempt at being smarter than your typical horror film. Not to mention the fact that the plot of the film literally makes no sense and the film does not make an effort to explain what is going on in a satisfactory manner. Like I said, this is first grade level attempt to tell a psychological horror story. There's this guy that follows our protagonist around who's supposed to represent the evil in all of us. It's really that fucking basic. And it's not that it's basic or simple because that isn't a problem in and of itself, it's just the way they handle it that's really a massive turn off. The writing in this film, or at least how they choose to represent the evil in all of us, is like high school level bullshit. It's just so poorly written, it's not even funny. And that goes without even mentioning the supposed curse that's causing everyone close to the protagonist to want to murder her. Like what is the fucking point of it all. Where'd the curse come from and what is its purpose. It's like by the end of the film it doesn't even matter, it is irrelevant because the film is about the evil in all of us. If that was the fucking point of your shitty story, then why focus so much on this supposed curse that's been going on for, seemingly, decades and it's treated as a dark family secret that the protagonist's parents don't want revealed. In all honestly, this has to be one of the worst-written movies I've seen in a long time. Maybe not that I've ever seen, but it's certainly the worst that I've seen recently. It's a movie that at any time make sense. It focuses so much on a curse that, in the end, ends up being irrelevant, so you feel like you've pretty much wasted your time trying to invest in this. There's even some scenes where you see a monster that, again, plays absolutely no part in how the movie ends up. It uses a lot of blood in order to distract you from all the problems that lie underneath. Of course it doesn't work. I know that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I find it highly unlikely that anyone, actually watching this with an attentive eye, would actually find something to enjoy about this movie. There may be other movies that I don't enjoy, but I get how or why some people would enjoy them. Like Date Movie, or any other Seltzer/Friedberg debacle. I hate those movies, but I can see how some people would enjoy that sort of stupid and crass humor, not trying to suggest that those that enjoy these movies are stupid. That's not the case here. I just can't see how anybody would find something to like about this. I'm not saying that some won't, I just don't see how. That's how bad this movie is. I don't know what else to say about this movie. The movie is poorly written, the acting is fine, though some were hamming it up there at the end, but the shitty writing pretty much overcame everything like an unstoppable plague. This is a dreadful, dreadful movie that I absolutely loathed. I cannot recommend. Please stay away from this movie. Please. You've been warned.
½ August 3, 2014
First half started pretty decent, then it remembered it was a Asian horror film and started going standard plot point by plot point.
April 17, 2014
I thought the acting and visuals were good in this but certain aspects of the movie are so repetitive. This makes the first 1/2 of the movie somewhat interesting and the second half...you can pretty much anticipate any jump scare coming at you. The 2 stars is really credited towards the acting.
½ April 13, 2014
This should have been called Confusing Loopholes.
November 30, 2012
A Korean horror movie that was part of the third 8 Films to Die For After Dark Horrorfest. It is not scary, but it is a bit creepy and the blood effects are excellent. The story is interesting and slightly confusing, probably due to cultural differences and translation. Not great, but there is enough here to be entertained.
October 8, 2012
Asian horror movies are scarier than American ones about 95% of the time, and this one is not an exception. While I did find it a bit confusing at times, when everything tied together at the end I realized just how creepy it was. This probably isn't for everyone, and it's not tremendously original, but I found it pretty satisfying, in a fun and just-scary-enough kind of way.
January 3, 2012
Tuesday, January 3, 2012

(2009) Voices
(In South Korea with English subtitles)
HORROR

Illogical horror film about a hex that's supposed to be passed with predictable results! It has more unecessary gore than scares. Poor gory carbon copy of what Japanense film makers do best!

1/2 out of 4
½ October 3, 2010
Stupid and not scary at all. Boring more then anything.
November 11, 2009
(***): Thumbs Up

If you like K-horror, you'll probably like this one. It kept me intrigued throughout. A good entry in the 8 Films to Die For series.
½ August 8, 2009
Being a connoisseur of Asian horror movies, this one rank in the middle of the bunch. The ending was a little surprising with a good twist. The middle was a little confusing. Overall not bad.
½ March 31, 2009
5.5/10. Eerie and suspenseful, but it never quite drew me into the story. The acting is fine, well photographed. It has it's moments but lacks depth.