Volcano High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Volcano High Reviews

½ October 12, 2014
VOLCANO HIGH is agood movie... It's quite nice to look at, and there is enough action to keep just about anyone from being bored....
April 6, 2012
Maybe not worth paying to see, but certainly an entertaining movie for dudes. Volcano High is a solid fight movie that embraces the fun.
½ June 3, 2011
Gorgeous and funny, I love this movie. I was a little disapointed by the MTV Dub, (I got bored after some painfully bad voice acting) and switched back to subtitels.
July 25, 2010
fuck MTV rapper's cut! hated the dubbing, so dumb
½ January 9, 2010
I want to see this movie without the LAME ASS voice dubbing. Seriously, rappers voicing Koreans? WTF? LAME. I couldn't even sit through it.
July 22, 2009
This was just pathetic - should have known when I saw that it was an MTV project. First, it is just WRONG to have people who obviously sound "street" voicing for Asian characters. It is just like seeing a banana, putting it inside your mouth it is something much different - a plantain. Your brain just can't understand it & therefore, rejects it. The story line has a lot of potential but it failed. It is marketed a Martial Arts film & yet there was very little fighting. A supreme disappointment. Skip this & rewatch Black Mask.
½ May 6, 2009
I really enjoyed this movie. It was cool hearing wrappers doing the voices, and the soundtrack was awesome real cool. I believe it showed on MTV for 1 night and was buried until the Matrix trilogy was finished. I thought that there were alot of similarities from this movie to the Matrix
January 23, 2009
it was so kool watching this movie,knowing who was doing the voice overs
January 7, 2009
Watch the original Korean version - it loses so much with hip hop overdubbing
November 23, 2008
Wicked. Not only is it a great korean kung fu movie, but this version even has awesome voice overs.
½ September 21, 2008
The film wasn't so great to begin with, but when hip hop artists dub Korean voices, it becomes laughable.
½ July 18, 2008
Even with the ghetto rap dubbed version, this was pretty good. Bad ass fly through air ninja fighting. This is the completely unrealistic kind of fighting, like dragonball flying if case you're not interested.