Voyage of Time: The IMAX Experience Reviews

• Jul 10, 2018

Boring pretentious 'herp-derp-poetry'. Some nice images but not to pay a theatre ticket for it. Leave this.

• Jun 12, 2018

Voyage of Time contributes more as a poetic piece than informative documentary, and its wideness of interpretations allows for a wide array of self reflection in our place in the universe. A visually spectacular journey that covers every step of creation, this should only be experienced on the biggest of screens possible.

• Luke E Super Reviewer
    Aug 16, 2017

Terrance Malick takes us on a journey throughout time, from our very beginnings in space to the evolution of life and our times. Narrated by Hollywood superstar; Brad Pitt with a very philosophical undertone to go with the initial explanation of talking these concepts to a child. As an Imax experience, with the initial picture quality and immaculate detail captured by the outstanding cinematography, the film is a gorgeous wonder to look at and experience throughout it's 45 minute run-time. It may be short but it showcases a lot, from the cosmic activity of the universe, earth's beginning's, evolution of the landscape, life and to question our important place here on this earth as one thing of many in the universe. I didn't find it all that surprising nor did I think the film offered any deeper thought than the philosophical nature the narration was offering in conjunction to the imagery it was capturing. Nonetheless, this is what Terrance Malick is doing best these days, while it doesn't push any boundaries like 'The Tree of Life', it's amazing to witness and be captivated by what Malick is implying.

• Dec 11, 2016

Absolutely one of the worst voyages I've ever been on. Random selection of photos and CGI with no story line plot or continuity. No narration or explanation of timeline or intent. I wasted 45 minutes of my life sitting through this erratic IMAX abomination, all the time wondering if the director and producer were high when they (literally) threw it together. Five people in the theatre. Apparently, I'm the last to know. #cantbelievehowbaditwas

• Nov 15, 2016

I saw the cut version, which was pretty gorgeous and beautiful. Although you can say it is way too long, I feel you need an open mind to fully absorb the movie. The message and visuals are stronger than the words, and to criticize is for being long or tedious or pretentious is unfair to this film. You don't need to be smart to enjoy this documentary.

• Oct 27, 2016

Voyage of Time delivers more as a poetic piece than informative documentary. Though its wideness of interpretations allows for a wide array of self reflection A visually spectacular journey that should only be experienced on the biggest of screens possible.

• Oct 20, 2016

This was awful. There was no flow. No explanation of anything. Huge pieces of history were missing and sequences were out of order. Even knowing what was supposed to be happening I could barely follow what was being depicted. I still don't understand what the point of the movie was even after seeing it. The only positive thing was that some of the imagery was beautiful. Hence the full star instead of half.

• Oct 12, 2016

Great IMAX documentary directed by legionary filmmaker Terrence Malick and narrated by Brad Pitt. It deals with the evolution of the universe and life on earth. Try to see it on an IMAX screen. It's rated G so you can take your kids. Most children will be awe struck by it and adults too.

• Oct 10, 2016

just mind boggling! A must see!

just mind boggling! A must see!

• Sep 17, 2016