Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Voyage to the Prehistoric Planet Reviews

½ March 13, 2015
Apparently there's like three different cuts of this movie with three different titles, so I just picked the one I saw. The movie's decent, it's got some legitimately impressive special effects for the time and some good hilariously bad moments. It's very slow moving though, just as a precaution.
October 31, 2013
Visually excellent, entertaining, and campy sci-fi adventure--Fiction Drives Life!!
July 17, 2013
Slow paced space exploration movie. Strangely enough, even though this movie was made after the Mariner 2 probe Venus is the planet being explored.
½ November 13, 2012
Goofy low budget science fiction film. The plot is messy and the characters aren't too great. The dinosaurs look silly but they, along with the robot and sets, give this film a very campy feel. Recommended to anyone who likes old cheesy sci-fi films.
September 10, 2012
Cannot agree with Phil Hall with the first part of his comment "Bad Soviet sci-fi, recycled into worse U.S. sci-fi.". I have not seen the remake and Phil has apparently nnot seen the original Soviet 'Planet of the Storms' and multiple reviews about this movie (just check other cinematographic web sites). It was a breakthrough at the time. The film was directed by Pavel Klushantsev whose pioneer sci-fi works inspired Stanley Cubric, George Lukas and Riddley Scott and they all admitted it publicly.
½ June 23, 2012
This was the 1st feature-length movie I bought from Rifftrax as riffed by Josh Way, whose "Fun with Shorts" I've seen on YouTube. It's a good thing I had the mixed-in riffs w/ the movie because it alone was ??%?~∂ awful. As I watched the cosmonauts wander around Venus & nothing happened, I continuously looked at how short the "seek" bar on my Widows Media Player had gotten regarding time remaining.
½ April 9, 2011
This movie is a complete waste of time.And tyhis is supposed to be a Sci-Fi movie? Really?
bbcfloridabound
December 22, 2010
I found this movie as part of the Mill Creek 50 Sci Fi Classics, This is a Roger Corman film with notables Basl Rathbone and Faith Domeque who played is some 52 movie and TV Series. from 1941 - 1974 pretty impressive as many were Horror / Sci Fi Films. Now this was made long before star wars and we see in this movie basically the same hover car as in Star Wars, The movie itself is about 3 different space teams trying to land and explore Venus. One is destroyed by meteor, one crashes and one lands to rescue other team, during there stay on mars they encounter many strange plants and even little Godzilla looking Monsters. Its a great movie for old school science buffs. 3 Stars for this old black and white. The ending provides what appears to be the closing for a sequel Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women
½ July 4, 2010
One of the worst Science-fiction films of all time. The acting is so bad that it makes you slap your forehead in shame! The story is nearly incomprehensible and the editing is probably the worst I have ever seen. I have to say though that the set pieces, creatures, and atmosphere of the planet are done extremely well. They are creative, and fun to look at. If your a sci-fi buff I recommend to see this film with the sole purpose of the planet that was created. To it's credit this is one of those "B" movies that are so bad it's good! The acting is so wooden and the dialogue is delivered so poorly that it makes for an enjoyable "B" movie at times. However, other times it is just so bad that the one cannot follow the story or barely even hear what that characters are saying. It is times like those that make the movie almost unbearable to watch and will almost guarantee the use of the FF button. Overall, a "B" movie that at times is so bad that it's good. Complete with wooden acting, terrible delivery and great looking creatures/special effects.
June 20, 2010
It's one of the many that involves a group of men going on an adventure in a world full of dinosaurs, this time it happens to be Venus where scientists are wanting to go down there and collect some samples for testing. On the trip they overcome many hardships from giant lizard men to pterodactyl, at one point we almost have a case of the damsel in distress at the end but thank god it was a false alarm.

There are many problems with this feature, the most important one to me is that it says Basil Rathbone stars in this but he must only appear in a handful of scenes even though his acting is solid. The acting is shocking at the best of times, thick American accents with no emotion not even in the facial expressions but even with these problems I managed to have a good and fun time.

There was countless lizard men that were laughably men in suits wrestling with our hero's in a mud bath, they loved it. And there was a river of Jam coming from the volcano but it didn't matter, I've never been one for being impressed by special effects. It's the effort and imagination that goes into films like this that I appreciate. I wouldn't recommend this to many people but I've always loved the cheap and cheerful element in such Sci-fi's.
August 22, 2009
Get a load of those 60's doos that that woman was wearing (could have held over 100,000 bees in it like a hive). A pretty bad movie, but great nostalgia fare. I guess Rathbone's Holmes days were over back then. I suppose this movie when it came out was pretty much "elementary my dear viewers".
January 6, 2009
Ryska filmen Planeta Bur rakt av, fast man ersatt med amerikanska skådisar i vissa klipp. Senare pillade man ännu mer i den, och resultatet blev Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women. Båda taskigt dubbade, förstås.
June 28, 2008
I cannot remember how it ends, but I do recall that I enjoyed the opening credits.
May 12, 2008
I saw this for two reasons. 1. Basil Rathbone, I was disappointed with the small part he had. 2. The monsters that were men in monster suits.
April 12, 2008
Robot John, don't open up his helmet on Venus!
½ March 20, 2008
whoa, only two other people have seen this movie? I wonder if my giving it a low rating will change the all flixter rating. anyway, its much more likely that youve heard of this movie than seen it (most movies are like that). the story BEHIND the film is pretty intereresting, although based on this film, my interest in seeing VOYAGE TO THE PLANET OF PREHISTORIC WOMEN has been SEVERELY diminished. the face in the rock was pretty cool though.

yes. yes it did.
½ August 22, 2006
Hokey and hopelessly dated, but thats what makes it fun! In that respect it is interesting, and I am sure in 1965 it looked much better than it does today. very low budget. Basil Rathbone does add a bit of class though.
September 15, 2005
[font=Times][color=#000000]How DOES Roger Corman sleep at night? I would think ?movies? like this one would haunt him. This was a science fiction film made in the Soviet Union that good ol? Roger got his hands on and re-released. After some editing (using the term loosely) and adding a few laughable scenes with Basil Rathbone in them, he released the film under this title. With effects and soundtrack that hover (barely) at the average mark, it is ultimately dragged down by a ridiculous, illogical, story line and emotionless acting.[/color][/font]