Vuk (Vuk: The Little Fox) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vuk (Vuk: The Little Fox) Reviews

½ February 27, 2015
A beautiful classic tale of the Hungarian writer, István Fekete.
October 9, 2013
Vuk tells a tale about a Fox who grows up an orphan and has to become clever to survive. Unfortunately it bears a striking resemblance to Fox and the Hound, which came out the same year and is inferior to it in almost every way.
April 3, 2012
I am still trying to figure what this movie was all about....it was to childish for adults and yet the subject matter (revenge, hunting, ect.) couldn't have been meant for kids? Watching a fox devour a bird after a hunter shoots it isn't what I call a child cartoon. The hunters killing rabbits, dears, and foxes isn't what I would want my kids watching either and then the fox vowing revenge and getting it isn't the greatest of message either. Just don't know what to make of this odd Hungarian cartoon.
February 6, 2012
October 20, 2011
This movie is simply amazing. The animation isn't much, but the story is so well thought out and the makers weren't afraid to be mature in parts. It all just adds up to a great movie experience and children should be given the chance to watch it. I cannot do this film justice in words. Adults can watch this movie without children and they would be just as satisfied.About the maturity, it has blood, urinating from canines, and death with open eyes. But it just makes the film stand out from the stereotypical childrens film.Don't let the crappy edited American release (the little fox) fool you. It's not just for kids like it says on the box.
December 12, 2010
A very underappreciated film all the way over from, if i'm correct Turkey.
It's a heart-warming animatied tale. It's nothing really new but the simple animation and fun charectors always bring a smile to my face when I see it. So I highly recommond it, if you haven't seen this movie which I might have needed to note is called The Little Fox or in Turkey, Vuk.
November 30, 2010
A childrens' masterpeice. A classic Hungarian animated film that appeals to adults, teenagers, the elderly and kids' alike. It shows the harsh life of a fox and shows the sad reality of death while still keeping the cute animation and characters cartoony to make it out that it's a kids' film. It teaches the young that foxes are beautiful animals and should not be seen as evil pests like the old stories say.

Karack rests as he dies after being shot by a hunter. He talks to Vuk and Foxy for a bit and makes sure they're ok. Then says to Vuk "there's one last thing I need to teach you, Vik/Vuk. They can break Karack, but they can never break the spirit of the fox." -Karack , Vuk's uncle.

That quote made my shiver and even shed a tear. Such a powerful quote for a childrens' film. I almost never cry in films. But this one made me.

5/5 for a beautiful plot, characters and funny/cute ending.