Vuk (Vuk: The Little Fox) Reviews

• Jul 16, 2017

It is a hand made adaptation of a grate novel about a little fox. The story is authentic. The viewer from any ages can choose a relatable main character. It's about love, about life, about fights, about survive, about arch enemies.

• Feb 27, 2015

A beautiful classic tale of the Hungarian writer, István Fekete.

A beautiful classic tale of the Hungarian writer, István Fekete.

• Oct 09, 2013

Vuk tells a tale about a Fox who grows up an orphan and has to become clever to survive. Unfortunately it bears a striking resemblance to Fox and the Hound, which came out the same year and is inferior to it in almost every way.

• Apr 03, 2012

I am still trying to figure what this movie was all about....it was to childish for adults and yet the subject matter (revenge, hunting, ect.) couldn't have been meant for kids? Watching a fox devour a bird after a hunter shoots it isn't what I call a child cartoon. The hunters killing rabbits, dears, and foxes isn't what I would want my kids watching either and then the fox vowing revenge and getting it isn't the greatest of message either. Just don't know what to make of this odd Hungarian cartoon.

• Feb 06, 2012

• Dec 12, 2010

A very underappreciated film all the way over from, if i'm correct Turkey. It's a heart-warming animatied tale. It's nothing really new but the simple animation and fun charectors always bring a smile to my face when I see it. So I highly recommond it, if you haven't seen this movie which I might have needed to note is called The Little Fox or in Turkey, Vuk.

• Dec 02, 2010

There were days of watching those 'strange' dancing,singing ants,shaking legs with grasshoppers.Interesting??Naah,not really,but they still made all of us(me,my brother,my sister), hooked for them.A consequence of limited options.(Well,Indian TV,not long ago,a mere mere 15 years back,was still in his childhood with a mere 2-3 channels).A few bunch of episodes,each got repeated zillions of times,ultimately made us to start synchronizing lines with ants,with bees,with grasshoppers(???).So exciting,so much fun,suddenly all gone.Ants got replaced by Aladdin,by Ariel."Huh,now what's this s***t,"Where are are our grasshoppers?Where are our ants?",we said that time."Huh,forget,that's over now,let's enjoy this",we said that time.Again,a few bunch of episodes,zillions of repeating.Synchronization got started for Ariel,for Aladdin,for Iago Abu,etc etc etc.Happy Days.Funny days.time has changed now.Scene has changed now.Indian TV has just entered in his teenage.Countless channels.All loaded with extreme of creepiness.Hmm,even TV's childhood is finest span of his life.Well,at least till now..and why i blaaah blaaah those 'silly' things because this film i just saw,Vuk,re freshened my those 'dancing ants' memory.I really don't know why but the instant i looked over it that 'ants memories' came back.I still don't have any specific answer for the 'why'.True. Okay,film is Vuk.Kids film?Not really.Film is about a cute,okay,very cute Fox kit,Vuk.It's a 1981 Hungarian animation film,based on a very popular novel(at least in Hungary,of course) of the same name,by author 'Istvan Fekete' and along with 'Cat City' is considered as classics of Hungarian 'animation' cinema.Very well. So,our film,Vuk is about a cute,very cute Fox kit named Vuk.Vuk is wandering from his home and upon his return only came to know that his whole family has been shot dead by a 'Human',i mean a 'Farmer'.So now abandoned,little Vuk got adopted by his 'one time alpha male' Uncle,Karake.Uncle start to raise Vuk.Vuk came to learn lessons about hunting,lessons about life(obviously).'Cute' Vuk meets his omega female' Foxy'.Finally,Uncle also got murdered by 'Human' and Vuk goes on for a revenge(finally) against that 'Human'.Okay,full stop.Enough spoilers. Well,I really didn't enjoyed 'Vuk' that much but one thing i would like to mention is its simplicity.A term that films nowadays have nothing to do with.Almost,not every film.Over packaging sells big.Huh.Who cares.It was also strange to see how much strange i felt watching animals behaving like animals(what??) like walking on four feet,not desperately trying to deliver any punchline,to be funny.A result of heavy dose of 'Two-feet animal' films.Not my fault.Doubtful,whether kids today,feeding on Madagascar's,Kung Fu Panda's,and many other 'Two-feet animals' would rightly appreciate it.Not their fault. Even though i didn't enjoyed as much as i expected,it's definitely worth a look.I think it deserves to be seen.I know why it got made,for whom it was belonged to,and why it's still considered as a classic,and of course,why it looked strange today,despite being only a 'sweet and simple'' film.Recommended. No pic available on RT.No problem.Here it is.A big one. [IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/kecsy/vuk.jpg[/IMG] A big cute Fox family.Really. My rating ***1/2 out of *****.

• Nov 30, 2010

A childrens' masterpeice. A classic Hungarian animated film that appeals to adults, teenagers, the elderly and kids' alike. It shows the harsh life of a fox and shows the sad reality of death while still keeping the cute animation and characters cartoony to make it out that it's a kids' film. It teaches the young that foxes are beautiful animals and should not be seen as evil pests like the old stories say. Karack rests as he dies after being shot by a hunter. He talks to Vuk and Foxy for a bit and makes sure they're ok. Then says to Vuk "there's one last thing I need to teach you, Vik/Vuk. They can break Karack, but they can never break the spirit of the fox." -Karack , Vuk's uncle. That quote made my shiver and even shed a tear. Such a powerful quote for a childrens' film. I almost never cry in films. But this one made me. 5/5 for a beautiful plot, characters and funny/cute ending.

• Oct 23, 2009

This movie is simply amazing. The animation isn't much, but the story is so well thought out and the makers weren't afraid to be mature in parts. It all just adds up to a great movie experience and children should be given the chance to watch it. I cannot do this film justice in words. Adults can watch this movie without children and they would be just as satisfied.<br/><br/>About the maturity, it has blood, urinating from canines, and death with open eyes. But it just makes the film stand out from the stereotypical childrens film.<br/><br/>Don't let the crappy edited American release (the little fox) fool you. It's not just for kids like it says on the box.