Waikiki Wedding Reviews

• Apr 29, 2019

The best movie song ever sung: Sweet Leilani!

The best movie song ever sung: Sweet Leilani!

• Aug 27, 2018

Like many of Elvuis's movies, the story is built around Bing Crosby's songs in which a young lady, Georgia Smith (Shirley Ross) winning a miss pineapple contest with a prize of 3 weeks in Hawaii. Because she was also promised romance with this vacation and is unable to get any, she's then want to leave her vacation early , and that is when executives send Bing Crosby over as Tony Marvin to woo her and convince her to stay. Both Martha Raye as Myrtle Finch and Bob Burns as Shad Buggle also stars as comedy relief.

• Aug 28, 2013

Enjoyable Paramount musical is a pretty postcard for Hawaii and features the Oscar-winning song "Sweet Leilani."

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

Another average Crosby movie taking place in Hawaii this time around. Predictable ending, silly jokes, annoying songs, but sometimes funny.

• Oct 10, 2008

Good fun. Bing always relaxes me.

Good fun. Bing always relaxes me.

• Jan 07, 2008

Wonderful Movie, Bing croons Blue Hawaii amazingly, I cannot agree about Martha Raye being ugly. Great Picture

• Dec 02, 2007

Wow. Bing Crosby is so much better than this film. Interesting scenes of traditional Hawaiian dances and ceremonies make up for the total lack of plot. And of course the sexist stereotypes are rampant, with weepy beautiful women and ugly loudmouth desperate women that keep messing everything up. I mean, "Miss Pineapple Princess"? WTF? The music is good, though, even if it doesn't really relate to the film.