Wake - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wake Reviews

June 11, 2011
I really don't know why I sat through this movie in its entirety. Mostly it was because I kept hoping there would be more Martin Landau. This movie begins and ends beautifully thanks to him, but everything in between is mundane and depressing. If I wanted to watch people fight for an hour and a half, I'd go sit at the mall. This is awful.
April 20, 2010
Nothing is allowed to build, so there is no tension or surprise left for the film's climax, resulting in a reductively pulpy rehash of 20th century American drama.
February 14, 2010
Gale Harold's portrayal of confusion and insanity is beautiful.
May 21, 2009
What can I say Gale Harold is the best actor out there today and so underrated as an actor. He really shines in this movie. Behind his eyes there is nothing, he is this charater from beginning to end. To be so into your charater, to be so cold that when you look into his eyes and you can see only that charater and nothing else but the emotion of that charater you have a GREAT actor. Now if Hollywood would only take notice.
October 8, 2008
I wanna see this so so so bad, it's got Gale in it do I need another reason.
October 8, 2008
I rented this so I could be in Gale Harold's presence again. I fell in love with him as Brian Kinney on "Queer as Folk". I wasn't disappointed. He is an underrated actor. He is a master at being vulnerable one minute and then turning cold and calculating the next. I love that!
October 8, 2008
Gale is hot (duh!) it's good. Landau is good in the small part he has. Henry Finch is an extreemly nice guy. Very down to earth - I wish him well in his career.
October 8, 2008
If Gale Harold's in it, I'm probably going to love it.
October 8, 2008
Gale Harold was fantastic in this. The plot was pretty interesting and the camera work was good too.
October 8, 2008
Gale Harold was good, but I really like him in Queer as Folk.
October 8, 2008
This is an interesting movie in deed. Gale Harold's performance is so intense and amazing. I found the story of these four brothers disturbing but yet fascinating. Great actors!
October 8, 2008
Gale Harold played this part so perfectly. Didn't like the plot so much, but his performance was worth it.
½ October 8, 2008
Strange movie but still great
October 8, 2008
I ll watch gale harold do anything!!! he makes great role choices
½ October 8, 2008
I'm not sure what I was expecting when I went to watch it but I wasn't disappointed. It's confusing and disjointed and so's the movie. A very interesting movie. I recommend it if you're up for getting your head shaken and stirred.
October 8, 2008
Horrible movie. Gale Harold is a hot rod though.
October 8, 2008
this looks alright it seems like a good movie i wouldnt mind seeing dis!
½ October 8, 2008
wicked, tricksy, plot and ending that just makes you go WTF!!
October 8, 2008
I really liked this movie.. I saw it last night and it is a gripping story. Granted there was a bit of subplot that you kind of had to grasp throughout the movie, but that was what I liked the most. It took place during one fateful evening and there is where you get hooked. I felt for all those characters so I commend Henry Leroy Finch as writer and director as well as the fine actors in this movie.