Waking Sleeping Beauty Reviews

• Jul 08, 2016

What a great movie. Takes a very real and humor-filled look at what it took to create some of the best animation of all time.

• Jul 01, 2016

I enjoyed learning about the drama at Disney in their animation department, or the story behind and before their many successes in the 90s. I still have many questions though.

• Apr 24, 2015

It could have been a bit more in depth about some of the more depressing moments of the company's history, but I still think its worth checking out if you're interested in the behind the scenes of what would end up becoming Disney's original renaissance.

• Oct 08, 2014

I never really gave the thought of what had happened to the studio between the years of 1984-1994 but honestly, I really felt like it basically shown everything from their low to their success.

• May 18, 2014

Just Disney gloating

Just Disney gloating

• Apr 14, 2014

A neat behind-the-scenes, if not tiny, look behind some of Disney's more memorable outings. Witness the rebirth of a studio that had lost it's way but through hell and high water discovered the magic yet-again.

• Dec 05, 2013

Quite an interesting and honest doc on the rise, devastating fall and fortunate rise of the company.

• Oct 31, 2013

beetje saaie docu, maar wel leuk om te zien hoe de Disney films tot stand kwamen

• Aug 01, 2013

The history of the Disney juggernaut is sprawling, and documents studying its inner workings and cultural impact are numerous. What makes this film stand-out is not only its honesty and playfulness, but that it beautifully narrows its focus to the studios downfall and eventual Renaissance (thanks mostly to real savior Howard Ashman) in the 80s/90s. Sure, it's more a great DVD special feature than an actual feature film, but anyone interested in the business of show will have more than enough to glom onto.

John B Super Reviewer
    Jun 20, 2013

I'm always fascinated by the story of Disney and how it has evolved over the years. Those who can remember that far back will remember the problems of Disney in the '80s. An interesting look as to how Disney recaptured its animation magic.