Waking Up in Reno - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Waking Up in Reno Reviews

December 22, 2015
Waking Up In Reno is definitely better than lots of other comedies. But still fails to be amongst the great ones. It's more of a sitcom humor than actual hearty laughter.
December 2, 2014
This film had a great cast that created a fun movie but was a little shallow. The plot was simple but it created some funny moments and it kept me intrigued the entire time. It was fun to see the groups relationship as 2 great couples who were off on a road trip to Reno. It was short and sweet, overall it was just a fun flick that didn't try to do to much, and it worked out good enough.
October 14, 2014
classic billy bob but horrible ending.
August 2, 2014
(First and only viewing - 7/6/2011)
June 30, 2014
Meh. So-so road movie about a pair of not so smart couples on their way to Reno. The strong cast, including Oscar and Tony award winning actors Billy Bob Thornton, Charlize Theron and Natasha Richardson, oh and there's also Patrick Swayze, makes the film watchable and manage to carry a pretty weak script. There's also David Koechner, Penélope Cruz and Tony Orlando in supporting roles, but the real problem with the film is that it's not just that funny. Kind of a sad coda for top tier cinematographer William A. Fraker ("Rosemary's Baby", "Tombstone", "Bullitt").
June 28, 2014
Hands down the best performance of Patrick Swayzes career. This comedy has some genuine dusty moments laced with poignant truths about life and love.
½ March 26, 2013
All that's missing is the line "You got a purdy mouth."
December 7, 2012
Want to see it! Will have to take into account!
½ June 24, 2012
Classique chassé croisé entre deux couples qui se mélangent les pattes, avec un gentil épilogue à l'américaine.
½ April 13, 2012
A very silly film, but enjoyable enough. Sad to think Swayze and Richardson are no longer with us...
April 11, 2012
good film very funny worth a look
½ April 11, 2012
I have no idea why I enjoyed this, but I really did. Simple pleasures
April 10, 2012
a decent picture about two arkansas hillbilly couples big ole trip to reno to see them thar monster trucks and touch the opposite couples organs huh huh huh
October 14, 2011
I did not find this movie very funny. It has some few moments, but only becayse of Natasha Richardson and Billy Bob Thorton. Charlize Theron was (like most of the time) so irritating in her role... Not a movie I wanna see again!
½ August 16, 2011
There were some funny moments and the story/drama was pulled off well with these four main characters. I guess I don't agree with the critics on this one because I've already seen it twice and enjoyed it both times.
½ July 2, 2011
pretty cute. funny. different seeing Patrick in his role but he was funny.
May 29, 2011
Waking up in Reno is a rather weak comedy road trip movie which provides few laughts here and there but ultimately collapses on itself by the rather corny story and a very lame end resolve. The now late Patrick Swayze definitely is the best what this show, his performance as the slow witted average Joe is above average. Billy Bob Thornton seems to do what he does best, that is being a somewhat sensible moron for the whole movie. The lady cast in the show are somewhat on side roles as the men take the center stage. Without further ado, Waking up in Reno the movie is watchable if one sets the expectations accordingly to a very low level.
½ May 25, 2011
Not a bad movie, very unusual but it was interesting.
February 13, 2011
not as funny as it thinks it is