Walk the Angry Beach (Hollywood After Dark) (The Unholy Choice) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Walk the Angry Beach (Hollywood After Dark) (The Unholy Choice) Reviews

April 2, 2013
Sleazy exploitational film that has the unlikely casting of Rue McClanahan as a reluctant Hollywood stripper. Dull movie where long scenes of exotic dancing are broken up by awful robbery scenes and half hearted love scenes.
August 7, 2012
If there's one thing that you can say about Hollywood After Dark (AKA Walk the Angry Beach, AKA The Unholy Choice) it's that it's definitely boring. The biggest draw to it is, of course, seeing a young Rue McClanahan in such a poor sexploitation type of movie. I think that the movie was supposed to be a fall from grace story, but it never really accomplishes that and one scene moves to the other without having very much to do with anything that comes before or after it. There's the dancing and near-nudity too, but there's absolutely nothing enticing about it. The dialogue is also pretty atrocious, and laugh-inducing in several scenes. It should come as no surprise that the guys from The Film Crew used this is a basis for an episode. They gave it quite a few laughs, and I'd say that it's probably the best way to watch this trash.
March 21, 2012
Not a very good movie. Some of the dance scenes are too long and add nothing to the plot. There are very few interesting characters and the ending is very bland.
February 1, 2011
Rue McClanahan strips for the audiences displeasure ...
½ August 19, 2010
Some of the guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000 went on to the show The Film Crew before officially starting RiffTrax. A couple laughs as the guys try to add comedic jabs to a tragic story of a depressed man and the stripper he falls for, while awful overlong un-seductive strip tease routines keep interrupting the sorry excuse for a plot.
May 5, 2010
Looks interesting enough.
½ August 22, 2009
Nothing makes any damn sense here. Nothing. Horrible.
May 21, 2008
This movie is terrible. If it wasn't for the Film Crew guys this movie would be unwatchable.
April 25, 2008
The actual movie - 1 star. That was brutal.
The Film Crew version - 4 stars.
April 19, 2008
Rue McClanahan, no!!
March 30, 2008
Ehm. Read the other comments made by the rest of the reviewers.
March 29, 2008
i must say, rue mcclanahan was a very old thirty-four, especially for one cast as a 'young girl'...
½ February 8, 2008
This movie was awful. I obviously saw the "Film Crew" version, though. Full of laughs. Especially considering the movie is just about as random and stupid as you can get. Also, Rue McClanahan is mad ugly.
½ January 2, 2008
I actually saw "The Film Crew" version of Hollywood After Dark, which is the new incarnation of MST3K with Mike and the guy who is crow on the show. I miss all the cute sci-fi-ness of MST3K, but the commentary was still totally funny and filled me with the nrrrd love.
½ October 28, 2007
Again, another Film Crew selection. Realize that almost all the points are going to the commentary, which again, is hilarious and perfect. But the movie? Holy sh*t does it suck.

I honestly don't get the Rue McClanahan thing. Okay, admittedly, people didn't know that she was going to be a Golden Girl, but she wasn't even attractive at a young age, let alone stripper attractive. You look at Shirley MacLaine...I was in love with her in The Apartment. Rue McClanahan makes me want to punch her even at a young age. Good God.

Then there's the absolutely wacky story. I don't get why there is a heist. Why couldn't we focus simply on the, albeit, lame emotional turmoil that this dancer has to go through for respect? I imagine it has a lot to do with the fact that there are no skilled filmmakers involved with this movie, so it's got that going for it. Anyway, I'm saying not to watch this movie unless you watch the Film Crew edition of it. That's all it is really good for...a hearty laugh.
September 23, 2007
Saw the "Film Crew" version of Hollywood After Dark. What a boring film! Good thing the Crew was there to riff it to death.
September 22, 2007
Possibly the most frightening thing about this movie is the fact that it stars a young Rue McClanahan (From Golden Girls)
It's your typical story about a young girl going to Hollywood to try and find fame but only ends up getting stuck working at a strip club and getting involved with seedy characters.
Only this movie is more depressing, and boring.
If you ever want some pure nightmare fuel, stick around for the scene where Rue strips in front of an audience. You don't get to see her money-maker, but I can tell you one thing for sure: It's a horrifying sight.
I recommend you pick up the Film Crew's version of the film distributed by Shout! Factory, at least that has a hilarious commentary.
½ July 27, 2007
Even the Film Crew couldn't save this pile of crap.