Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story Reviews

½ March 23, 2016
It's a funny, dumb but clever parody flick.
March 16, 2016
Pure genius! This is a comedy where the jokes never get old- no matter how many times you watch it.
March 9, 2016
Laugh out loud jokes and gimmicks that will make you enjoy watching throughout the whole film.
March 6, 2016
Love this film, great bits throughout.
March 5, 2016
"Walk Hard" is a fun parody of music biopics and musicians alike with a fantastic cast, great music, and a hilarious script.
March 5, 2016
I have never actually seen Walk the Line. That being said; the wrong kid died.
½ January 16, 2016
One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. What's ironic is that O'Reilly is indirectly spoofing the ups and downs of a movie he was in (Boogie Nights). Oh, and Jenna Fischer is super hot in this. The most underrated comedy of the 2000s.
November 20, 2015
Much better than I expected. Had some funny laughs and a nice soundtrack
October 29, 2015
John C. Reilly is his usual funny self and there are quite a few laugh out loud moments in this clever parody.
October 23, 2015
Goofing on the musical biographical dramas of the 2000s decade, "Walk Hard" is rough in patches, but mostly likable.
October 18, 2015
I'm not a fan of farces, and to be honest, I'm not that crazy about John C. Reilly, but one thing you can be sure of, is that when I see Judd Apatow's name attached to something, I'll eventually see it. Walk Hard is a mocumentary about an Elvis Presley type persona, whose music spanned an evolved over a 50 year career. As styles changed, so did Dewey Cox, his outfits, personality, and his music, it was all very clever. I especially liked when he ran into the Beatles at a monastery in India. Walk Hard has some very funny moments, but this film would be nothing without John C. Reilly. It seems like he's in everything these days and most of the roles are quite forgettable, but Dewey Cox is easily his crowning achievement. Reilly is an actor I don't care for, in a style of film I don't care for, yet I was still very amused by the whole thing. The one negative I can give the film, is that is was exceptionally long for this type of film and it spent far too much time on the early stages of his life. The end of the film felt rushed to avoid it becoming a three hour movie, which to me suggests that maybe it should have been split in two. The inherit problem with comedies is that the longer they are, the more tiresome they become. While I enjoyed the first half of the movie a lot, by the end I really couldn't wait for it to end. Farcical comedies are usually way out there and Walk Hard has some of that, but by and large it was an interesting take on fifty years of American pop culture. The film and it's star far exceeded my expectations and for what it was, I was impressed.
October 17, 2015
Not sure why, but I expected more! Still, I did laugh a couple times.
September 27, 2015
Still want to see this even if Lydia walked out of the cinema haha.
½ September 6, 2015
I've never seen so many sinks destroyed in my life.
½ September 5, 2015
Nice stoner comedy. No complaints.
½ September 2, 2015
mnogu jako! urnebes neviden! parodija na Walk the Line, ali ima delcinja i od Great Balls of Fire i Crossroads, plus ZNACI plus glumat i Eddie Vedder i Jack White :) e pa sega valjda se prepoznaa tie sto MORA da go gledaat filmov :)
August 30, 2015
funny and smart, I like it
August 19, 2015
One of the funniest damn movies I've ever seen and I'm usually very, very underwhelmed by mainstream comedy movies. If you're a musician or a musicologist, you will likely get a lot more mileage out of the material - a lot of the gags are somewhat of an "inside" joke, which may explain the lack of commercial success.
John C Reilly is one of my favorite comedic actors, bar none. (He just happens to also have a solid career as a character actor and one hell of a spectacular singing voice...)
½ August 13, 2015
Ok so you have to watch the directors cut to see the really funny stuff so I won't get to upset about the people who didn't see the brilliance in this masterpiece. Tim Meadows is under used but when he's on screen it's comic gold, it helps that this movie is comic gold through and through too. This film actually moves me... It makes me want to get off my ass and become rich and famous so I can bang a lot of chicks and do a shit ton of drugs!
JUST WATCH THE GOD DAMN MOVIE ALREADY!!!!