Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story Reviews

½ September 6, 2015
I've never seen so many sinks destroyed in my life.
½ September 5, 2015
Nice stoner comedy. No complaints.
½ September 2, 2015
mnogu jako! urnebes neviden! parodija na Walk the Line, ali ima delcinja i od Great Balls of Fire i Crossroads, plus ZNACI plus glumat i Eddie Vedder i Jack White :) e pa sega valjda se prepoznaa tie sto MORA da go gledaat filmov :)
August 30, 2015
funny and smart, I like it
August 19, 2015
One of the funniest damn movies I've ever seen and I'm usually very, very underwhelmed by mainstream comedy movies. If you're a musician or a musicologist, you will likely get a lot more mileage out of the material - a lot of the gags are somewhat of an "inside" joke, which may explain the lack of commercial success.
John C Reilly is one of my favorite comedic actors, bar none. (He just happens to also have a solid career as a character actor and one hell of a spectacular singing voice...)
½ August 13, 2015
Ok so you have to watch the directors cut to see the really funny stuff so I won't get to upset about the people who didn't see the brilliance in this masterpiece. Tim Meadows is under used but when he's on screen it's comic gold, it helps that this movie is comic gold through and through too. This film actually moves me... It makes me want to get off my ass and become rich and famous so I can bang a lot of chicks and do a shit ton of drugs!
August 13, 2015
funny and one of the last great spoof films. You really don't appreciate these films until the second viewing.
July 8, 2015
Good music, but Reilly is miscast and Kasdan's direction isn't sharp enough to paper over the screenplay's deficiencies. Steve Martin and Carl Reiner would have scored with this kind of material. And of course Spinal Tap own this territory.
May 16, 2015
This movie was funny at some parts, but most of it was hit-and-miss moments. John C. Reilly gave a good performance. Funniest moment of the movie was the song "Let's Duet." Overall, an ok comedy, but can't help but be a little bit dissappointed in the result.
½ April 28, 2015
With some inspired running gags (Cox's repeated appropriation of musical stylings from other races is both relatively ingenious and true to life), committed performances, and a soundtrack filled with bafflingly accurate parodies of various genres, "Walk Hard" is a solidly entertaining satire of the musical biopic.
½ April 26, 2015
If it was really the real life story, stupid would be all to sum it up.
April 7, 2015
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is a great movie that I'm glad to see that parody movies can still be funny with the right crew. John C. Reilly, Jenna Fischer, Kirsten Wiig, and Raymond J. Barry are really good, and really funny. Jake Kasdan and Judd Apatow wrote a lot of jokes that are surprisingly funny consider that it's a parody, although there were some that were a bit of a misfire here and there. The music is really catchy, which I'm glad to see that they come up with their own song instead of making fun of the songs, and I'm not a fan of Country songs either which is rare. John C. Reilly does a terrific job singing the songs as he never was that much of a singer. What I'm really glad is that the plot doesn't go to tons of different movies that is not relevant to the main story, it still kept being a parody of Walk The Line which recent parody films kept doing these days and never do it in a funny way or also in a way that makes fun of them. The cameos are hilarious, and are actually relevant to the movie, even if it was for a few minutes. There's some scenes that needed to improve, but I'm just surprised about how funny Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is and it's sad to see that recent parody films are never going to be like this, except for They Come Together.
March 16, 2015
Underrated ??????John C Riley at his best
½ February 22, 2015
Walk hard is a dark dry comedy that satirises the lives of bands, music and rock and roll through the ages. And for a film so Americanised, I bloody loved it. The film has hg watchability and almost gets better every time you watch it. The melodrama created to ephasise the importance or mockery of music nd rock stars in a scene. The screenplay is very episodic but since its depicted as an autobiography, it works really. The jokes are actually very intelligent for what it is and the whole satirical and ironic nature of the film draws you in. But, at the very heart, is John C. Reilly, who brings an unusual amount of depth, despair and sheer humourous delight. He's fantastic in this role, perhaps his greatest yet. Jenna Fischer and Kristin Wiig are also very good too, as well as Jonah Hill as Dewey's dead brother. The film isn't sheer comedy gold and nor is it a particularly purposeful acomplishment. But the whole atmosphere makes for a wryly funny film experience
February 4, 2015
You'll either love it or hate it or like it a little bit or like it a lot or something. Personally I loved it, great music, stupid but very very funny, recomend watching it with a bottle of wine or two.
January 12, 2015
wow, what happened here?
January 12, 2015
wow, what happened here?
January 6, 2015
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is a silly but brilliant tribute to the rocka-hillbilly life of a nobody turning nobody.
January 1, 2015
Comedy gold. Love the Jewish managers, the homage to Dylan, Brian Wilson, Johnny Cash and The Beatles in India. The drug taking scenes are priceless as is the soundtrack. Reilly is really up there with the best of them.
½ December 28, 2014
Very fresh take on cookie cut biopics