A Walk on the Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Walk on the Moon Reviews

July 29, 2016
One of the sexiest, most romantic, and heartbreaking movies I've ever seen. Captures female longing so well.
September 1, 2015
Viggo Mortensen is in this!!?? Hey, maybe it's worth the watch!! Also, Diane Lane is always a good one too.
½ June 12, 2015
Great acting in a drama about relationships - in 1969. Unfortunately, I remember those times, and I have spent holidays in camps like is featured in the movie. You really feel for the characters - and Diane Lane and Anna Paquin - mother and daughter - both struggle with love and sex this one summer.
½ August 22, 2014
Viggo Mortensen is gorgeous and such an underrated actor.
August 13, 2014
Wow talk about some amazing sex scenes. Viggo mortensen playing the sexy secret lover-nuff said. While that's enough to reel me in it to watching this film, the rest of it was pretty good too. I loved the characters and acting. Anna paquin was great as the coming of age angst teenager dealing with domicile turmoil. I also love that time era and think it's such a fascinating changing time in American history. I also liked that the affair was more realistic than how affairs are usually portrayed (fatal attraction, unfaithful, an indecent proposal etc) and also it was therefore more complex. It wasn't like the heroine was just like I think I'll cheat today. Anyways it's a pretty decent film regarding marriage and sacrifices.
½ August 6, 2014
An engaging take on a much-used subject. And Diane Lane.
July 24, 2014
Got the Catskills bungalow experience exactly right as they did the culture clash between the late 50s-early 60s and the Woodstock Generation .
June 15, 2014
Good, well-acted drama about the consequences of marital infidelity, and nostalgia for those of us who remember the moon walk, Woodstock and those endless summers of the sixties.
½ February 1, 2014
Diane Lane falls for a dreamy Viggo Mortensen but can you blame her?
½ January 4, 2014
See this film. Leaves you feeling really good. GREAT MUSIC!
½ April 26, 2013
A Walk on the Moon is a decent movie, thanks to the very good performances by Diane Lane and Viggo Mortensen. The screenplay is also good but the direction by Tony Goldwyn is a big let down. Had the movie been in the hands of a more daring or skilled director this might have been a very good film.
½ December 10, 2012
i thought it was a romantic movie but should have known with that 'Diane Lane' in the movie its not the case.
November 3, 2012
Not much of a feel good, but still a good movie. Very interesting to see a younger Diane Lane in a movie better than her Nights in Rodanthe!
October 27, 2012
What a fantastic movie. If you grew up in the 60's & 70's. you will love it.
½ September 23, 2012
Great film focusing on a marriage where the two people expected more for their life and highlights the effects of one cheating looking for more and the other who was happy 'with less' and how they handle the betrayal.
½ August 31, 2012
A predictable, flawed, cheesy film. Although it's beautifully acted, at times emotionally affecting and quite powerful.
June 24, 2012
Love this movie. Love Diane Lane. Not so crazy about Viggo. Thought they could have found a better looking guy for the romantic lead. I don't remember many lines in movies, but my favorite in this one is "I Can't Go!!"
½ May 23, 2012
diane lane,a wonderful actress.good drama.
½ May 6, 2012
Sad movie about a housewife who looks outside her family and marriage for happiness and love and almost loses everything because of it.
Diane Lane is brilliant!!!