Walking With The Enemy Reviews

June 19, 2015
Went to see it with friends and we all thought it was a great story and enjoyed it immensely. I would definitely recommend it!
August 13, 2014
Excellent reminder of how evil can rear it's ugly head if left unchecked.
June 27, 2014
I loved it! Very heavy and death heavy, but it ranks up there with Life is Beautiful, Jacob the Liar, and the Book thief as one of the best WW2 dramas ever. I highly recommend it for adults... Its a little too graphic for younger viewers.
May 12, 2014
Professional reviewers commented this movie was melodramatic. This film's major weakness is it's heavy melodramatic structure. It's been a long time since I've seen a similar movie treatment. The second problem was the lead male character, Elek (Jonas Armstrong). He wasn't terrible, but I could not buy his take on the principal male hero. He did not ring true. Also, the ending felt very contrived.

There are some pluses. The cinematography is very good. The story is good. Most of the actors are pretty good. Ben Kingsley is excellent. The various evil Nazi and right wing Hungarian thugs are very convincing.

But, the whole film had an unreal, amateurish feel to it.

It was a modestly OK trip to the flics.
May 5, 2014
Thought the acting was second class. Great story...but done in a way, that it almost seems a gross use of fabrications
May 4, 2014
Walking with the Enemy is a moving, powerful, heroic and tragic tale. Not for the faint hearted but otherwise not to be missed.
April 25, 2014
Interesting telling of life for jews at a horrible time in history. Emotionally wrenching movie.
April 25, 2014
Great movie and what a great, heroic man!! This movie was very inspiring. Jonas Armstrong was awesome!
April 25, 2014
Sining Through meets Shindler's List...in Hungary.
April 24, 2014
Very moving film -- a fitting tribute to the hero Pinchas Tibor Rosenbaum and a memorial to the Hungarian Jews of WWII.
April 22, 2014
This is such an important part of European history. I am happy to see made into a movie, and can't wait to see it!
April 4, 2014
Ben Kingsley, enough said.
February 11, 2014
Looks terrible, yet another "untold true story" that miraculously is found and filmed 70 years afterward just in time to be politically relevant for something happening in the present.
½ February 11, 2014
Poorly written dialogue held back what could have been a passable film. Ben Kingsley's performance is the only reason to see this film.
February 9, 2014
I did not find this movie entertaining. I would not recommend wasting your money on this movie.
February 8, 2014
Horribly inaccurate. Hitler kicked the jews out because they corrupted the society and promoted degeneracy through the media. just look at America today...
½ February 9, 2014
Filled with fake situations. Better off as a fantasy.
½ February 8, 2014
Awful movie exploiting the suffering of Jews during the time period for profit. Do not watch
February 8, 2014
Full of bolshevik proganda, doesn't show the rape and ethnic cleansing of Germans in Czechoslovakia or Poland. Complete historical inaccuracy designed to victimise the Zionist extremists who tried to take over Germany with a communist regime.
February 8, 2014
Yet another holocaust firm with no substance. A movie that exists solely exists to harness white guilt and provide pity for yahweh's chosen people.