Walking With The Enemy Reviews

• Aug 27, 2017

Another film inspired by a true story. I am not familiar with the events in Hungary during WWII, so I found this a little confusing at times, but it was interesting to see the role the Swiss played in helping some of the Jews in Budapest.

• Aug 13, 2017

A very inspiring story

A very inspiring story

• Aug 04, 2017

Good portrayal of a Hungarian Jew who infiltrates the Nazi SS during WW II to save fellow Jews from sure annihilation. Good enough film to invest the time.

• Jul 04, 2017

Excellent movie. Me and my wife fumly enjoyed it.

Excellent movie. Me and my wife fumly enjoyed it.

• Jun 19, 2015

Went to see it with friends and we all thought it was a great story and enjoyed it immensely. I would definitely recommend it!

• Sep 13, 2014

skillfully done family movie: no profanity, nudity or graphic violence. the story line was well done and well paced.

• Aug 13, 2014

Excellent reminder of how evil can rear it's ugly head if left unchecked.

Excellent reminder of how evil can rear it's ugly head if left unchecked.

• May 12, 2014

Professional reviewers commented this movie was melodramatic. This film's major weakness is it's heavy melodramatic structure. It's been a long time since I've seen a similar movie treatment. The second problem was the lead male character, Elek (Jonas Armstrong). He wasn't terrible, but I could not buy his take on the principal male hero. He did not ring true. Also, the ending felt very contrived. There are some pluses. The cinematography is very good. The story is good. Most of the actors are pretty good. Ben Kingsley is excellent. The various evil Nazi and right wing Hungarian thugs are very convincing. But, the whole film had an unreal, amateurish feel to it. It was a modestly OK trip to the flics.

• May 04, 2014

great story, mediocre movie

great story, mediocre movie

• Apr 29, 2014

What a powerful film based on true facts! This is a must see for anyone who wants to learn the story of a brave Hungarian Jewish man near the end of the war and his efforts at saving so many people from the horrible atrocities of the Third Reich. Great acting, great story line, well directed and I loved the way the film was structured.