Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit Reviews

December 10, 2017
Guilty pleasure of mine. So much fun and looks stunning. Their best adventure, the humour so british.
½ November 14, 2017
Driving on plenty of stop-motion wit and quirky characters, Wallace and Gromit's feature debut may not be the greatest film overall, but it provides charm and laughs for children and also a few clever bits for the adults.
½ October 31, 2017
Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the Were Rabbit (2005) is a really fun and irresistible movie from the well known claymation studio "Aardman". I actually do know a little bit about Wallace and Gromit myself as I has seen a couple of their short films as well as knowing about the spinoff video game that I played a lot of as a kid. I wouldn't call myself the Wallace and Gromit expert but even on it's own this movie was a ton of fun to watch.
The Story does do a great job with bringing what made the franchise so adored in the first place while expanding on the world in which our characters live in. The newer details the movie adds work great and the callbacks to some of the past shorts were a really a nice touch. The humor can sometimes feel like a nonstop roller coaster ride as a lot of the jokes were laugh out loud funny. The thing that surprised me the most is how much heart was put into this movie. I knew there was going to be a lot of charm cause that's what the short films were well known for but i've never thought I'd see it done to this extent. I really did feel bad for Wallace and Gromit in some scenes and one of them almost did make me cry.
The Character's transition from short films to big screen would seem like no easy task but thankfully "Ardman" pulled it off as both the old and new characters are full of personality and intriguing in their own right. Wallace and Gromit still work great together as a duo with Wallace being a kinda dumbfounded but clever inventor and Gromit being the humble wisecracking dog that tries to keep Wallace out of trouble. The new characters carry on the same amount charm and charisma as the old and they each have a good use of voice talent behind them. Lady Tottington is especially charming and her relationship with Wallace is so adorkable. I like how they don't try to Cop out by putting in a force misunderstanding which could have been so easy to do. Victor is sort of like the Gaston of the movie and to his credit he is really funny and his egotistical personality makes his character all the more enjoyable. The rest of the characters are far too many to talk about but they all fit perfectly alongside with the main duo.
The Animation is nothing short of Amazing and it takes every advantage it can to make the experience worthwhile. I already know that "Ardman" can do amazing animation in a short film but the stuff they did in this feature length movie is unbelievable They still manage to keep the same look as in the shorts but what makes it impressive is the amount of angle shots and special effects they added to make this movie look much more like an actual feature length film. The size and scale of everything make everything seem larger and each place is just full of detail. The colors are also very Halloween like and they really blend in great with the mood of any scene. Not only can the animation be dazzling to look at but it can also make room for some epic scenes and funny gags. The timing works amazingly well. As the movie continues to play on, the pacing only gets faster and faster until the climax which makes the final scene a lot of fun to watch.
The Music expands on itself by not only making the theme music sound more orchestral but it also adds on some very powerful tunes to make it feel more like an actual movie score. It works great in being charming and funny but also in being surprisingly poignant and sometimes dramatic. Much like the story the music can just feel like one giant coaster ride.
I can certainly say that this was such an amazing movie and i'm kinda wondering why there hasn't been a Blu-ray release yet. Wallace and Gromit's first feature length movie definitely took a lot of chances and thankfully it really payed off. This is a must see for anyone who loves Wallace and Gromit and it would make a fine treat watch anytime around the fall season (A)
October 25, 2017
Very well made and funny. I laughed out loud a few times. Huge budget and high quality everything. Does NOT have a spooky vibe, despite what the poster makes it look like. It is more about vegetables than jack o lanterns, so be warned.
August 30, 2017
Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is a hilarious animated movie. The animation is incredible and it looks great. This is a movie I would recommend for families who want to watch a fun movie.
August 2, 2017
It's an wondurful story, with lots of twits, funny and inventive characters and moments as well, and I just love that it is in Stop Motion!

|7,9 out of 10|
½ July 23, 2017
Quite possibly the best stop-motion animated film by Aardman!
½ July 22, 2017
The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is a total blast; another characteristically inventive and well-executed story from the geniuses at Aardman. There's so much happening in Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Wacky characters keep you entertained and laughing; a relentless and eccentric plot keeps you hooked. Epic animation and voice acting brings the story of the Curse of the Were-Rabbit to life. I also love how it mocks the more ridiculous aspects of other well-known films (King Kong etc). That Nick Park is a wonderful human being, plan and simple. This is a wonderful family film.
July 8, 2017
Despite its limited animation, falls into the original, very good to be true.
½ June 17, 2017
Highly emotional and touching, Wallace and Gromit proves that stop motion animation is still not dead.
½ June 8, 2017
Love these classic characters.
June 1, 2017
Wonderful stop-motion animation and a fun adventure make this film a worthwhile experience for the family.
½ May 27, 2017
Story:7|10
Visuals;7|10
Characters:7|10
Overall: 7|10(The Definitive "Good" Movie).
½ April 9, 2017
This is a great movie
April 3, 2017
Not really my thing. Didn't really find it very funny.
½ March 28, 2017
A normal kids show, maybe because it's British but the humor is a bit weird. Also, don't like the humans...the dog is smart tho~
March 24, 2017
Great stop-motion animation, weak script though
March 20, 2017
Felix and I love a bit of Wallace and Gromit, I'd been holding this one back because I thought it might be a little scary though. It is, but in that fun hide behind the pillow way, my 4 year old kind of enjoyed the scary bits and laughed along at all the rest. Such attention to detail in some of the minor gags for the parents, a really great farewell to some great characters.
½ March 15, 2017
Once again, Nick Park delivers a satisfying and risk-taking adventure featuring the pair we all know and love. However, I think it would have worked better as a half-hour short.
January 21, 2017
The one word to describe this movie is AMAZING.