Walt: The Man Behind the Myth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Walt: The Man Behind the Myth Reviews

January 16, 2016
Through the retelling of his life via friends, you can tell that Walt was a loving man with a unique worldview. For my money; it's a real shame his idea for EPCOT never came to be but he sure left his mark on this planet .
August 30, 2015
I'm just a huge fan of Walter Elias Disney. I love his resilience, his optimism and hope. I love that he never gave in despite all the early rejections. I love his adventurous spirit and the way he took risks to make dreams come true. For all his flaws, this man will always be a hero who has impacted my life in immeasurable ways. This film does a great job of telling his story.
August 3, 2014
(First and only viewing - 5/4/2012)
TheDudeLebowski65
November 16, 2013
Walt Disney is one of the most iconic names in the history of cinema. Walt: The Man behind the Myth is a well crafted documentary about Walt Disney, the most famous animator and founder of Walt Disney Studios. Of course I don't to elaborate what work he has done because let's face it, we all know his legacy. This film tells his story and his start to fame from his earliest attempts in animation to his first feature Snow White to the creation of Disney Land. The film features terrific interviews with people who knew Walt and worked on his films. This is a must watch for anyone interested in the real story of Walt Disney. This film covers plenty of ground and is pretty in depth in telling everything that Walt Disney has done. I really enjoyed the film, and felt it was a well made feature that chronicles one of the greatest pioneers in film. The documentary is a fine piece of work that should be seen by anyone that wants to know more about Disney's legacy. This is a well crafted documentary, and one that is among the finest that I've seen. Fans of Disney's work will most likely be delighted by this picture and it is a film that is engaging as we see how the films were made, how they came to be and how Walt Disney would venture in many other aspects of film and ultimately create Disney Land, which unfortunately he would never witness its grand opening. In terms of a documentary, this is a near perfect film that is a necessary viewing for audiences that are very much interested in this truly unique and legendary story of one of the most legendary figures in cinematic history.
½ November 15, 2013
Who is the man behind the name on perhaps 50% of screen entertainment we see every year (that's only my own rough guess, it's probably even more!)? Here is a brief thumbnail overview and the merest idea of the guy who started it all. Produced by the family and organization he started the film lacks his own personal touch (and real documentary value: for instance, the lifelong cigarette smoker - he chain smoked, it finally killed him - is never shown even once with one in his hand) but not his personal warmth, serving up a reverential glimmer of one heck of an American original. Although interesting to any self-styled social historian curious about root fundamentals of American culture, this one's especially for the legions of fans.
April 3, 2013
Very informative, but it keeps showing how he meant business as opposed to all optimism and happiness. It also explains his true genius, he could tell a story unlike anyone else. A visionary in every sense of the word.
March 5, 2013
This is a really great documentary on Walt Disney... it starts from the day he was born all the way to the day of his death, and everything in between. It's two hours of documentary and interviews from his family to the people he worked with, as well as employed. I loved it :)
November 21, 2012
Watched this tonight on CNBC....the man was a genius and way ahead of his time with color movies, Mickey Mouse Club (still producing stars today), Disney Land/World (World wide and still growing) and Mary Poppins (first combination of live action and animation)....his legacy will live on forever.
September 7, 2012
The amazing story of Uncle Walt and his life. This is most definitely a documentary worth viewing and potentially owning. Despite Disney stating "It was all started by a mouse", this documentary shows that despite the Walt Disney empire starting with the creation of Mickey, it was Walt who dreamed the dream and made his dream a reality and shared it with the world. "It was all started by Walt"
½ May 4, 2012
A touching look at Uncle Walt's life and his accomplishments.
a very interesting biography
½ May 4, 2012
Life of Uncle Walt Disney shared by his closest family n friends with home movie footage. It's inspiring to look at the most important storyteller of mankind. so glad that I got a chance to watch this documentary n to see his dreams affected n passed down to so many people.
May 4, 2012
Amazing! This film portrays the greatest view any one can depict of this wonder. Throughout his life, he grew tremendous vision which never lacked. Optimism shaped his life even in the ropes of failure. This is a true film of one the greatest man to change the fate of animation and opened up everyones imagination.
May 4, 2012
walt disney is my all time hero
May 4, 2012
While I didn't learn anything new, the home movie footage and the interviews were spectacular. I highly recommend this movie.
May 4, 2012
a very interesting documentary,worth the watch
May 4, 2012
A rare and excellent look at the genius that touched us all with his vision and imagination which brought so many happy memories to many lives and the world. Every Disney (and non-Disney) fan has to see this film. It's a superb tribute to one of the greatest people ever to walk the earth, and a man who is so greatly missed and looked up to...and to this day, held in the highest regard.
May 4, 2012
This is a beautifully created documentary on the life of Walt Disney. One thing that's great about this DVD is that you get to see home movies of Walt, and enjoy an enchanting talk with his daughter.
May 4, 2012
A well put together documentary on the life and dreams of Walt Disney.