Walter and Henry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Walter and Henry Reviews

February 8, 2014
I'm sure that a hard core critic may see this film as too sentimentalized but I found the character development really solid and captivating. I think that each family member and Henry's music teacher all combined to pull together a really great story, one that for all but the most cynical hearts would warm. The combination of father/son conflict, generational ones, and how each personality affected the other, was, I think, done in a way that is powerful. The way that music was used to connect the personal/familial dots to engage us was very effective. The important issue of mental health and getting a look at how family disruption/clashes can effect that, along with societal dynamics helps us see the way these powerful forces contribute to growth or destruction. When change happens in a way that constructive connections coalesce, it is something exciting that won't allow the viewer to be a bystander. It pulls us in to the story. I strongly recommend it to parents, esp. fathers/sons/grandfathers and music lovers everywhere.
½ September 4, 2012
Charming little gem of a movie concerning family bonds and mental illness. Excellent performances from the entire cast. A simple, feel-good flick.
February 11, 2012
Heartwarming story of father and son... great overtones of street music played by father and son team. John Larroquette is fantastic in this one.
March 20, 2008
this looks like it would be a good story.
February 13, 2008