Wanderlust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wanderlust Reviews

½ July 15, 2015
what a waste of my time. Ended up listening and surfing the internet at the same time. Gah!
July 10, 2015
Little bit disappointing. Had its moments, but wasn't consistently funny. It was okay, I guess, but I wish I hadn't bought it unseen. I usually like Jennifer Anniston's rom coms.

Re watched 6/15
I still don't like this movie. It's actually fine up until they reach the commune. I like the beginning set in New York. I think it's the setting that doesn't work for me. I don't know people like this and I don't want to.
Selling this.
June 24, 2015
"Wanderlust"
David Wain
Comedy

George and Linda leave the stresses associated with being adults in NYC and end up at Elysium. Elysium (perfect happiness) contains a cast of characters who are definitely different.
Themes
The main theme of the movie is that money does not buy happiness. The movie teaches the viewer that life is about laughter, love, happiness and community.

Visual Elements
The filmâ??s visual appearance is vivid and bright. At Elysium, the hair of the characters stand out in high definition vibrancy.

I liked the film. As a "Key & Peele" fan I appreciated their brief cameos. See this film for a change of pace.
May 8, 2015
Getting used to a new lifestyle is kinda funny!
May 6, 2015
Shockingly surprised at how good Wanderlust is. It's chock-full of "pause-so-I-can-catch-my-breath" comedy!
And, mind you, this is coming from a person who had seen ALL the
Cheech & Chong movies, ALL the Richard Pryor stand-up acts, just to name a few, at least 5+ times each PRIOR TO THE AGE OF 10 YEARS-OLD (&, yes, my dad was/is highly unusual - Thank GOD!! :) ).
Essentially to even get so much as an inner chuckle out of me, or even grab my attention in the slightest, it's got to be way out there (In other words, not even palatable for 95% of the population.) For example, "You, Me and Dupree," while a good movie, as far as comedy, I might have merely smirked once or twice throughout the entire movie (& that was really just to assure my friend I was actually watching it & paying any attention).
April 25, 2015
40% liked it? I just found this on Time Warner Cable, for free, and I laughed out loud about 50 times, and really hard laughs too. People who didn't give this a positive rating need to lighten up a little!! Hilarious film.
½ April 20, 2015
Wanderlust is the story of two NY yuppies that join a hippie commune; and it is an equal opportunity offender to both parties. And while more jokes miss here than in other Wain films, the fantastic cast kills it with the off-kilter and hilarious characters. SCENE-STEALERS: Marino and Watkins as the oppressive McMansion relatives.
April 5, 2015
Not overly fussed about this film. Bit disappointing considering the 2 strong main actors at the forefront. There seems to be very little point to it and so I found I didn't really care what happened to the characters.
There are a few moments that deserve a chuckle and a brilliantly uncomfortable scene with Rudd trying to "sex himself up"...but overall it is fairly bland.
The plot doesn't really go anywhere and the philosophy of being free and living a world without boundaries is lost in a pool of constant hippie stereotypes. I wanted to laugh, but found myself more annoyed than amused most of the time.
½ March 28, 2015
Thought would have been better
March 26, 2015
Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston star in this David Wain comedy about a New York couple that go broke and move to Atlanta for work...but decide to join a hippie commune instead. It has it's moments, but it doesn't deliver the really big laughs. Not on par with most of Wain's other work.
½ March 24, 2015
Very funny and silly at the same time. It kept my interest to find out what was going to happen in the end.
February 16, 2015
Sofri, mas vi até o final.
February 12, 2015
This film is a well all around comedy, not one of the best , but it stands in there. Yes sometimes the movie has its moments and makes the movie and the actors look stupid, but let's give it a chance its Paul Rudd he is a good comedian, the movie kept me laughing in some parts, and on other parts I just wanted to end, its a comedy that you either like or not. So for this being a solid comedy with an okay sense of humor, I give "Wonderlust" a C.
½ January 26, 2015
Fallida comedia con un argumento al que le hubieran podido sacar provecho.
January 13, 2015
Very silly film, with some funny moments
January 9, 2015
Not as consistently funny as some of his others but when it hits it really hits. Ken Marino and Paul Rudd are the stars here. And shout out to the Stella reunion as newscasters, holy shit it works so well.
January 8, 2015
A pretty decent movie... which was almost ruined by its contrived ending. But it's still entertaining.
½ January 7, 2015
Sparsely funny moments in an overall flat comedy.
½ January 4, 2015
One of the worst Rudd and Aniston movies I've seen.
½ December 31, 2014
worth it just for paul rudds motivational mirror speech