War Eagle, Arkansas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War Eagle, Arkansas Reviews

October 30, 2012
Dead on. It's so good that it made us miss Arkansas. If it had a climate control to adjust, I would never know I was 2,000 miles away. The abuse Enoch endures from the local rednecks quickly snaps me back to my own daily lashings in my youth. It hurts, I know the feelings personally. I remember why I left, frantically reminding myself why I should never return to Arkansas. Excellent film.
January 25, 2011
Nice film. Makes me want to visit War Eagle, Arkansas... Well... Stop through to get some gas while headed elsewhere lol.
November 23, 2010
Greg and I watched this together. It is nice to see the places in Arkansas we've been. It was a good story with a good message, even if it didn't have all the show-stopping razzle-dazzle of major motion pictures.
April 15, 2010
Not quite as good as "The Black Balloon", but on par with "Mo", this indy serves to complete the recently released trilogy of films regarding the coming of age of the disabled male teenager. Definite film festival fodder.
June 24, 2009
This movie was perfectly cast and the direction was spot on. I was able to attend the premier and meet the people this story was based on and surprisingly, everyone was on the same page and the connections they made over the past 4 years of production were played out perfectly on screen. Dialogue was fitting for 2 youths in from a small sleepy town in the South. Great story. Great movie. I think it's won 12 indie film awards too.
June 15, 2009
Very good story! Real relaxed pace overall. Mild language, so it may not be good for young children. I do recomend seeing it!!
June 14, 2009
Hmmm. Check out the name of this movie.
½ October 26, 2008
For all you Auburn fans, go see "Big Fish", because this has nothing to do with Auburn University. There is more interest in the University of Arkansas than anything else - it was set in and shot in Arkansas.

The dialogue is clever at times, but the plot, though ambitious, doesn't deliver. As a southerner, I really can identify with the theme, but there wasn't enough reason for the main character to leave. The acting was decent at times, but the direction really lacked. Also, the synopsis mentions shooting in and around the Ozark Mountains, but the filmmakers do little to exploit that. There's no amazing visuals and it completely baffles me why the filmmakers would shoot on film and show it in Beta because it really showed. I hope you're not going to be showing that to the financiers or distributors to try and get it sold.

All-in-all, the characters are the best thing going for the film, but the filmmakers really didn't develop the film outside of the the 2 lead characters. Quite a few, especially the D.P. and those damn red gels on the light, really dropped the ball.
½ October 2, 2008
Watched it at Charlotte film festival.

One of those usual award bait films that usually go around the film circuit. This one is about the friendship between a physically challenged man and a baseball player with speak impediment.

While I very much enjoyed watching the film I did find it to be very cliched in the way the story developed and how the characters were used. It was very manipulative of the viewers emotions and not a very memorable film. But the acting was top notch.
August 21, 2008
This movie was off the charts amazing. The young actors gave wonderful performances. If you want to know what the definition of doing what you feel is the right thing, this is the movie to see
August 20, 2008
An extremely mild reccomendation for this one. "War Eagle, Arkansas" is full of problems. The directing, script, and acting are all bland at times, and there are all sorts of issues with pacing. It's not a particularly moving tale, and certainly too literal. But, there are moments that shine; shine enough for me to be happy I saw this film and met its screenwriter. Happy enough to be proud it was made in my home state. Happy enough to see it and enjoy myself enough to give it three stars.