War Made Easy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War Made Easy Reviews

October 14, 2012
Would our government and the media ever lie to us to get us involved in a war? Maybe they would just leave some of the facts out....
March 8, 2012
Everyone should watch this documentary!!
March 25, 2011
Which side are you on?
March 12, 2011
Unbelievable. It's mostly one guy talking, which lends itself to a certain propagana-ish feel itself, but it seems right on and is supported with a wealth of footage from basically every president since LBJ.

Our love of war truly is incredible. This documentary, based on this guy's book, kind of tells why, from the build-up where the government begins to spin a story, to where the media picks it up and furthers that story, to the actual war and how, at that point, it cannot be debated. This has been the case since Vietnam, and with the rise of 24-hour networks, has only worsened. Of particular note are the Donahue show on MSNBC, maybe the only mainstream anti-Iraq voice before the war that was canceled for that very reason. And all the people who spoke up at the start of the war and were immediately discredited by assholes who talked louder than they did.

The pattern is undeniable and works in the same way. It's just fucking amazing that in a 20-30 year span, America can go from building up and supporting a dictator to calling for his removal through war. It has happened over and over and over ago with no evidence of us learning from history. And the cost? The film says 10% of deaths in WWI were civilian, and that number has risen in each war to 90% in Iraq. That number seems high and is really the one thing not supported by evidence in the movie, but regardless, the death toll of American soldiers and civilians is quite high. Add in all that money that goes to war instead of social causes here at home, and the death toll continues to rise. It's so fucking stupid that we throw a fit about 3,000 murders on 9/11 (yes, it was a big deal), yet through lack of care because of misappropriated funds, kill off multiples of that figure each year out of sheer negligence. The government is to blame, the media is to blame, and the stupid people are to blame.

A similar documentary is Control Room, which focuses on Al Jazeera and America's attempt to run its name in the ground for showing all sides of war, not just America's. Both documentaries create a very real, very bleak picture.
November 29, 2010
War Made Easy (2007 Documentary) is a well spent hour and 15 minutes, thought in may cost you many more hours than that in lost sleep . . .available on Netflix and in locally owned video stores.
June 2, 2010
Eye opening look at how our government has manipulated and sold going to war to the American people...Truly sad but a must see!
May 31, 2010
everyone should see this
May 6, 2010
½ October 23, 2009
A bit slow moving but otherwise exceptional. A good ice-breaker for those oblivious to the history of information manipulation, etc... goes well coupled with alex jones' Terrorstorm.
July 19, 2009
Interesting documentary... How we are programmed in these walled gardens, its all common knowledge... but still, we all fall to the propaganda...
LittleMissBloodAndGuts
½ June 18, 2009
I stand by Stephen J. Gould's candid assertion that Americans are the most politically gullible people in the world. War Made Easy is a documentary about how the government programs us to accept its agendas, with war used as the example in this study of government deception.
This film is not a panacea of revolutionary information. However like a book called The Pretorian Guard by former Pentagon Offical John Stockwell, it peels the wallpaper back a bit. When one accumulates enough glimpses of what lies behind, it is possible to extrapolate and acquire some idea of the big picture. This film provides one such glimpse, and a few intellectual tools for interpreting the programming we are all exposed to.
June 11, 2009
an interesting but slow film that asksa couple of very good questions. has a politian or journalist ever lied to us? if so then why do we believe the next thing they say?
Liloh
April 30, 2009
First of all thanks to Mark one of my Flixster Buddy who recommended this Docu to me.

We Americans are the ultimate innocents. We are forever desperate to believe that this time the government is telling us the truth" Hmm interesting! Yeah yeah go on blaming the big boys.
Which America are we talking about? So what is the rest of the world? Terrorist and Bunch of Nobodys and idiots?

And take this comment from an American!

However this would be my first Documentary narrated by Sean Penn.
April 27, 2009
"We Americans are the ultimate innocents. We are forever desperate to believe that this time the government is telling us the truth"

An insightful, eye opening documentary narrated by Sean Penn, which uses archive footage from past presidencies to highlight the United State's media's insidious propaganda and compicity with the U.S government to shape public opinion and sell war to the American people, from Iraq to Vietnam. The film is compelling, persuasive and utterly fascinating. I actually watched this on youtube, but its available on dvd. Either way i would recommend you watch it.
April 8, 2009
B = Well above average
½ March 14, 2009
What can I say? We all need to see these types of documentaries. This film opens our eyes to the government's case for war and sometimes flat out lies that leads to and maintains war. It also exposes the media and their rush to glamorize war and not question the decisions made by the government or the reasons behind going to war. Very well done.
March 14, 2009
If only everyone in this country could watch this documentary the entire world would be a much better place. This docu is easily digestible and will show you what really goes on behind the scene and how easily wars are created, sustained and profited from.
February 15, 2009
as americans, we need to watch these sort of documentaries and realize the truth... let the people be heard. democracy is not an excuse for war. check it out if you like documentaries and/or politics/etc.
½ February 15, 2009
Let's hope Obama breaks rank from the propaganda of Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Nixon, Johnson (at least Carter isn't tainted). And I have new respect for Phil Donahue and less respect for CNN.
February 3, 2009
Interessant doku der det blir trukket linjer fra Vietnam til i dag. Et nyansert og kritisk blikk på den fredselskende krigshisseren USA. Også et syn på en ukritisk media med egne kjepphester.