War of the Worlds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

May 28, 2018
Anyone who doesn?t give this 10/10 doesn?t know life
This film is life
May 26, 2018
War of the Worlds is a somewhat inconsistent film on a dramatic level, particularly towards its sentimental conclusion. Nevertheless, it's fusion of Wells-esque paranoia and searing imagery combine to make it one of Spielberg's darkest and most suspenseful works, with some of the strongest iconography in his career.
½ March 24, 2018
This is do doubt Spielberg most underrated movie.
½ March 19, 2018
Very fast paced first hour but the basement act severely slows the film, but besides that the action and aliens make this a very intriguing film.
March 1, 2018
First hour was superb...but after that. Very forgattable
February 15, 2018
It's a better film than you might think with loads of Spielbergian action sequences, and more character and plot development than a blockbuster deserves. Cruise elicits sympathy as a guy learning to be a father while pitted against two consciously been-there-done-that children, and under the worst possible scenario, an alien invasion. Although it apruptly drops off in the final quarter it's better than the original, better than many similarly themed works.
February 12, 2018
A good update of the story.
½ January 27, 2018
One of the worst movies I have seen. There is no plot.
January 27, 2018
One of my favourite films!
½ January 3, 2018
Thrilling, but overall a let down.
January 1, 2018
An intense and suspenseful film from the great Steven Spielberg!
December 28, 2017
Despite impressive visuals, it somehow wasn't as good as it should have been.
December 25, 2017
6.7

[Steven Spielberg]
December 22, 2017
I watch at least the first 3rd of this movie at least once a year...because -WOW- is that first third a nail biting scare fest! The rest of the movie is spiked with Spielberg moments (flaming train anyone?) but just don't capture the shock and awe of the opening act...

But damn does this movie start off right...
December 10, 2017
A very good movie for Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise... !!!
½ December 6, 2017
Really bad movie... No story at all...
November 27, 2017
me dicen que esta brutal
½ November 26, 2017
If I hear Dakota fanning scream one more time I'm going to stab myself in the ears.
½ November 17, 2017
The majority of War of the Worlds was exciting and fun to watch with Steven Spielberg's outstanding visual effects, sound effects and brilliantly bringing mean, bad, human blood-sucking aliens to life on the screen as he did ironically with friendly human-loving aliens back in E.T.

Still, there's some major flaws with the movie such as Dakota Fanning's screaming, Dakota Fanning's bitching and yelling and panic attacks and the anti-climactic ending of the movie where the almighty powerful aliens just quickly die out from tiny bacteria.