War of the Worlds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War of the Worlds Reviews

February 15, 2018
It's a better film than you might think with loads of Spielbergian action sequences, and more character and plot development than a blockbuster deserves. Cruise elicits sympathy as a guy learning to be a father while pitted against two consciously been-there-done-that children, and under the worst possible scenario, an alien invasion. Although it apruptly drops off in the final quarter it's better than the original, better than many similarly themed works.
February 12, 2018
A good update of the story.
½ January 27, 2018
One of the worst movies I have seen. There is no plot.
January 27, 2018
One of my favourite films!
½ January 3, 2018
Thrilling, but overall a let down.
January 1, 2018
An intense and suspenseful film from the great Steven Spielberg!
December 28, 2017
Despite impressive visuals, it somehow wasn't as good as it should have been.
December 25, 2017
6.7

[Steven Spielberg]
December 22, 2017
I watch at least the first 3rd of this movie at least once a year...because -WOW- is that first third a nail biting scare fest! The rest of the movie is spiked with Spielberg moments (flaming train anyone?) but just don't capture the shock and awe of the opening act...

But damn does this movie start off right...
December 10, 2017
A very good movie for Steven Spielberg and Tom Cruise... !!!
½ December 6, 2017
Really bad movie... No story at all...
November 27, 2017
me dicen que esta brutal
½ November 26, 2017
If I hear Dakota fanning scream one more time I'm going to stab myself in the ears.
½ November 17, 2017
The majority of War of the Worlds was exciting and fun to watch with Steven Spielberg's outstanding visual effects, sound effects and brilliantly bringing mean, bad, human blood-sucking aliens to life on the screen as he did ironically with friendly human-loving aliens back in E.T.

Still, there's some major flaws with the movie such as Dakota Fanning's screaming, Dakota Fanning's bitching and yelling and panic attacks and the anti-climactic ending of the movie where the almighty powerful aliens just quickly die out from tiny bacteria.
October 25, 2017
I remember liking this movie in the theaters I haven't seen it since I'm giving it 4 stars from what I remember of it. I liked it at the time I wonder if I'll still like it upon rewatching it.
October 18, 2017
Disappointing that Spielberg would take this H.G. Wells classic and turn it into little more than a 'Tom Cruise' flick. Why not just call it Mission Impossible 7: War of the Worlds starring TOM CRUISE! I think Spielberg was focused on making a 'buck' and not a good movie.
September 30, 2017
Spielberg's disaster/invasion film is far from his standards. Surface level characters and a poor story. Distracting over exposed sky made everything insanely bright.
September 30, 2017
Should be re-titled A Series of Improbable Occurrences. Filmmakers probably thought they were making some kind of profound post 9/11 comment, but ended up with base and grim exploitation instead. Great sound effects though.
September 25, 2017
Easily one of both Spielberg & Cruises worst films. Bad acting & storyline throughout with possibly one of the most anticlimatic endings I've ever seen!
September 19, 2017
War of the Worlds is a great Tom Cruise action/sci-fi movie with impressive direction by Steven Spielberg! The story is scary, interesting and really suspenseful. Spectacular special and visual effects add to the excitement of the movie overall. As an adaption of the book and original film, Steven Spielberg recreated it well.