War of the Worlds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

War of the Worlds Reviews

April 8, 2017
An amazing film I would highly recommend. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.
March 23, 2017
War of the Worlds (2005) is directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning. It is based on an acclaimed science fiction novel by H.G. Wells. Cruise is a troubled father with some weaknesses...which make him interesting. He is forced to defend and take care of both his son and daughter when Northeast USA (and the world) are invaded by unknown forces. The acting is solid..with a young Fanning acting really well as the daughter with a perky attitude and a cameo by Tim Robbins as a troubled survivor. The camerawork is creative with incredible tracking shots (Spielberg as usual)...although the colour palette is too earthy and dark for my taste. The narrative is haunting and terrifying, and illustrates the depravity of humanity when confronted with crisis..but also the heroics of a troubled father. The ending is a bit anti-climactic and rushed, but still a solid movie all-around. An A- .
March 20, 2017
You would think that taking an epic title & an epic concept would suite Spielberg down to the ground, & I'm sure that many will point out it's relevance in today's post 9/11 society. But when a film focuses on such horrible characters as Cruise, Fanning & Chatwin's it's hard to even warm to the sensational CGI & set pieces.
March 14, 2017
Steven Spielberg's War of the worlds-2/10
March 10, 2017
Interesting start but lack of story development.
February 7, 2017
The first half of this latest remake of this classic story is pretty good, but the second half lets it down. If the second half had been better this would have easily been a 3.5 star film.
½ January 28, 2017
For Speilberg's standards this is basically a horror film. Plenty of blood, gore and general dark gloominess which seems to take precedent over the sci-fi elements which are usually his stock and trade.
½ January 27, 2017
I had forgotten how good this is, great super special effects, story, etc.
Just saw it on tv in 2017 agin. really liked it.
Dakota Fanning
½ January 12, 2017
Nota: 7.7/10 - 3.9/5
January 11, 2017
Watchable, but it probably would've been better without Cruise.
½ January 8, 2017
Great special effects
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
½ December 26, 2016
This is one of my favorite Steven Spielberg's movies!
November 27, 2016
Horrible remake. I expected so much more from Steven Spielberg. Bad acting from Tom Cruise was expected. The original was far more entertaining.
½ November 25, 2016
Honestly, when I saw this in the theater, I was genuinely scared. And it had nothing to do with Tom Cruise.
November 15, 2016
Bought It...Haven't Watched It...
October 31, 2016
Great Direction, great performance from Cruise.
October 22, 2016
A pretty decent adaptation.
September 28, 2016
Mesmo não tendo a influencia do clássico,War of the Worlds é uma transição perfeita do livro do H.G. Wells e com o carisma de Tom Cruise e Dakota Fanning,
September 18, 2016
In my opinion, this is the worst film Tom Cruise ever made! The 1953 original is much, much better! I would NOT recommend this movie to anyone!