The War Wagon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The War Wagon Reviews

October 30, 2014
Fun movie with a cast in top from... best in its original high def widescreen form.
July 30, 2014
Solid western. Could be sort of forgettable, it's the interplay between Wayne and Douglas that keeps it memorable.
July 12, 2014
There's always time for a good western flick..!
June 26, 2014
A likable if not memorable Western.
August 31, 2013
The War Wagon, western film directed by Burt Kennedy and produced by Marvin Scwartz - film was a novel adaption by/from Clair Huffaker. Film Stars JOHN Wayne, and KIRK Douglas, Howard Keel, Robert Walker Jr. This is second film by Kirk/Douglas since In Harm's Way.

John Wayne plays Taw Jackson a rancher is back in the town to take revenge from dishonest businessman who had imprisoned Wayne - this businessman grabbed Jackson's land and started extracting gold from his land - Jackson returns after serving sentence and hires famous gunslinger Lomax played by Kirk Douglas. Lomax is also good at safe-cracker. They forge strategy to capture gold to be shipped out on a war-wagon with machine-gun.

The War Wagon is astounding piece on subject of 'heist' in Old West. Excellent photography, John Wayne and Kirk Douglas glow the screen with their presence; or when the two are at the brink of drawing guns - filled with handful of humor and hilarious scenes (where need was felt). The War Wagon does not deviate away from the often concluding part; which has always got to be full-of-bang.

NOTE: This concludes my 1600th review, written so-far - I thank God for enabling me to reach this point; and soon enough with God's help shall reach my target of watching all the movies.
½ August 2, 2013
A fantastic film from start to finish...!!!!
July 4, 2013
One if my favorites!
May 30, 2013
Succeeds at being a fun movie.
½ May 23, 2013
Interesting, Well-Paced and Colorful; a Fine Noir Western All Round--Cowboys, Indians, and an armored car!!
May 13, 2013
I like how John Wayne and Kirk douglas interact in this movie.
March 29, 2013
Above-average western
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
October 11, 2012
one of my all time favorites. can't get enough of this one.
August 12, 2012
Awesome movie, Douglas and Wayne at their best. The plot is a little weak, but with Douglas and Wayne in teh same movie and it's a western how can't you LOVE it!
June 27, 2012
j wayne is a dumb mf.. and a fag
May 25, 2012
Another by my favorite actor and also starring Kirk Douglas
April 30, 2012
Fan-freakin'-tastic!!!
February 23, 2012
John Wayne and Kurt Douglas are great in their scenes together.
½ February 2, 2012
70/100. Fun tongue in cheek Western that survives an initial slow start to be entertaining afterwards throughout. Both John Wayne and Kirk Douglas do great and have tremendous on screen chemistry together. Their friendly,competitive rivalry that mirrors their off screen persona's. Works extremely well and carries what would have otherwise been an average western. Even though they had their differences in real life, such as politics, you can tell they had a real respect for one another, and this movie does a good job of capturing that. One of the few roles that put the Duke on the wrong side of the law. Let down by the Western scenery, but was impressed with Howard Keel. I liked it but seeing Wayne and Douglas jell as well as they did makes me wish they could have joined together for a better Western. Good but unspectacular movie is highlighted by a hilarious bar room brawl and an extremely catchy theme.