The War Wagon Reviews

• 5d ago

This movie has always been a fun favorite. Just the right mix of drama, humor and light-hearted Western adventure. Many of these same actors will co-star with Wayne in The Hellfighters - another action-packed flick based on the life of Red Adair.

• Oct 12, 2020

I thought it would be better given the intriguing cast, but I found it to be quite boring. (First and only viewing - 7/29/2020)

• Feb 01, 2020

Listen I know I'm partial to John Wayne, but how can you not give this movie a 5 star rating? There's a freaking GATLIN gun, explosions, not to mention a GATLIN GUN! Plus a pretty good fight scene, the scenery is really nice, and the girls are beautiful!

• Jul 31, 2019

A fun revenge / western that will appease any fan of the genre. It has action, thrill, and a little bit of comedy.

• Jul 17, 2019

John Wayne at the top of his game... Need I say more?

John Wayne at the top of his game... Need I say more?

• Dec 05, 2018

A solid action adventure

A solid action adventure

• Aug 31, 2017

In my Top 10 Duke Movies, this 1 is light-hearted, yet Dynamite Explosive with sprinkles of sexism and ultimate redeeming female sexual liberation. Kirk's Kutest ROLE.

• Nov 25, 2016

A well made revenge western with plenty of star power. John Wayne is a rancher who wants to steal a gold shipment from the man who took his land. Kirk Douglas is a gun-fighter who has to decide whether to take a bounty to kill the rancher, or help him steal the gold. Nice back and forth between mock adversaries Wayne and Douglas, a solid supporting cast, and action galore.

• Oct 30, 2014

Fun movie with a cast in top from... best in its original high def widescreen form.

• Jul 12, 2014

There's always time for a good western flick..!

There's always time for a good western flick..!