Waris Shah Reviews

• Sep 17, 2010

A bit forced, not the greatest of Indian films, but interesting for the history lesson. Gurdas Maan looks really good in turban and beard; he ought to do it more often. The Jaws music when Saabo got rejected was an unexpected giggle.

• Dec 17, 2009

one of the best movies ! salute to late manoj punj ji for such a wonderfull movie

• Leo L Super Reviewer
    Dec 24, 2008

Here's an interesting movie that centralizes around one man's adventure into writing an epic love story/song. He meets a young woman whom becomes his every thought, and the two quickly become acquainted. Even sometimes, they are writing and sharing their collective thoughts on a poem. It is a pair of brother and sister that comes between the two. As his sought love is arranged to marry the brother, he is then annoyingly bothered and pestered by the sister. In the end, he realizes that the young woman also loves him but is doomed to stay committed within her marriage. He decides not to pursue it any further. Gurdas Mann, Juhi Chawla, and Divya Dutta stars. Worthy! Great music.

• Jul 06, 2008

I was eager to watch this film and it was a good experience. Sadly, the subtitles are terrible and in bad timing, which prevents anyone who is not fluent in the language to fully appreciate the beauty of the dialogues and of course the songs! However, it is musically a delight! My favorita Alka does a marvelous job, and so does the singer Gurdas Maan. I also thought that it was visually superb; the Punjabi images are breath-taking and sweetly Muslim. I don't give the last start due to a couple of things: Gurdas is a bad actor, let's face it. He didn't manage to smile in the whole movie, and he is not the best dancer either. I wasn't conviced at all, I think a good actor depicting Waris is crucial. I also thought some of the customs were not well-thought, like Malik's grey wig... the dark of his natural hair was too visible. Besides that, I really appluad the movie, and love seeing more mature actresses on the screen, great job!

• Jun 21, 2008

I saw at June/18/2008.Wed , 3:30 Am to The end in Pakistan .

I saw at June/18/2008.Wed , 3:30 Am to The end in Pakistan .

• Jan 01, 2008

A good historical depiction of the story and a really good Punjabi film i have seen after many years!!

• Oct 25, 2007

its a gr8 movie.. mann saab vargaa hor koi ni

its a gr8 movie.. mann saab vargaa hor koi ni

• Oct 07, 2007

Can Any Punjabi movie get better than this? I dont think so. Perfect script matched equally by the great music. An excellent insight into the life of the great bard.

• Aug 25, 2007

Best Punjabi movie ever, life of a great Sufi...don't miss it.

Best Punjabi movie ever, life of a great Sufi...don't miss it.

• Jul 28, 2007

A history lesson well told is the only way to describe this movie. As a fan of waris shah it was interesting to see how the poet wrote about love, lust, sacrifice and longing.