Warlock: The Armageddon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Warlock: The Armageddon Reviews

October 19, 2016
I saw the trailer for this back when I was very little and it was pretty exciting although the movie is so much different when you actually watch it
also since this isn't a direct sequel to the last movie, it's like the filmmakers completely ignored what happened previously
but if there's one thing that this movie has going for it it's Julian Sands; he still owns it playing this charming yet sadistic villain
this time he is reborn in a very grotesque way and is tasked with tracking down the stones of power to bring his master to our world
the way he picks off each victim is relentless but in all honesty since you don't know any of them it makes it look like just a bunch of random kills that have no connection whatsoever
the other plot involves two youths in love finding out they are warriors destined to stop the Warlock and his master's reign of the Earth
they're ok although it's really weird they live in a town that fears the unknown and their parents kept this secret from them for so long
the romance aspect is ok, the effects are amped up but they do look very dated, and not once is this movie scary
again though Sands as the Warlock steals this movie every chance he gets
I think he may be along the lines of Wishmaster, you just have so much fun with him but at the same time he is still the main antagonist
the score is very beautiful I'll give them that
the first movie was pretty fun, my advice is don't go into this one expecting to be mesmerized since it is NOT a direct continuation
terrific makeup effects and prosthetics, too
½ October 28, 2014
Julian Sands Rocks! Unfortunately the film doesn't!
October 21, 2014
The Warlock returns this time to collect 6 runestones in order to bring about the end of days. A group of secret druids use magic to stop the evil plans. Filmed well, using many classic Hollywood-tropes and decent acting with over-the-top gore. The same comedic tone as its predecessor. Nice bonus with a Nuclear Assault song closing out the film.
April 30, 2013
He's back, in a messy bloody gory sequence where an innocent young girl gives birth to Satans son, the Warlock is reborn. Julian Sands rises once more to reap carnage on all that stand in his way, plus he still looks annoying good looking with that tarty hairdo.

Not too sure whether Sands Warlock is suppose to be a mere spawn of Satan in the same guise or the same devilish soul as before just reborn, I'm guessing the latter. Anywho off we go as Mr Warlock merrily kills, mutilates and destroys one person after another as he searches for the mystical rune stones that may raise his boss.

That's the plot right there, its easy and simple, but what this film offers is exactly what you want, more imaginative killing by the Warlock. We get that in spades this time round with the added bonus of much better production values, better effects, much more interesting deaths and heaps more blood n gore. That's it really, nothing more to say, its clear there is a better budget this time round, the cast are more recognisable too.

Whether you feel its better than the original I don't know, the original has more of a proper plot, this is obviously just a rehash with extra claret on display. To be honest this does feel more like a Satanic 'Terminator' really, 'T2' with a Warlock, not scene for scene of course but along those lines.

What I find interesting about this Warlock character is the fact he is completely evil, he can't be bargained with, he doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear...haaang on!. He shows no mercy ever, he double crosses, tricks, leads people into a false sense of security and no one is safe no matter how young or how sexy, no guilt, just kill, actually kinda creepy despite the ham.

More of a riot for sure but loses the credibility of the first methinks. Naturally cliched, predictable and routine type stuff but that low budget feel (even though higher than before) somehow tends to make things so much better, more acceptable.
½ January 3, 2013
This one gets a little bit of a higher score for nostalgia. Brings me back to when I was a kid renting VHS's at Blockbuster on Friday night. Didn't even realize it until I started knowing exactly how the next victim was gonna die and the cheesy line to follow. Still a decent movie, especially the special effects in the time before cgi.
December 16, 2012
This 1993 classic horror movie was really scary! Even though the special effects was cheesy, the story was still good. Julian Sands aka Warlock aka Satan's son is no joke in this movie. Director Anthony Hickox made this movie a little darker then Steve Miner's first Warlock movie. The Warlock went from getting three parts of the witches bible to find out GOD's secret name to undo the earth to getting six ancient stones to bring Satan himself on earth! I got to find out the Warlock's plans to destory the earth in the third movie!
November 14, 2012
This very silly sequel, is also quite entertaining. It may contain one of the funniest resurrections ever put on film. Only recommended for horror buffs!
April 25, 2012
good stuff, telekenisis fighting!!
March 7, 2012
A fun tongue in cheek horror film that has very loose connections to the first one. Does the salt thing even come into play? Julian Sands is awesome and it's fun to see the kids use The Force...I mean their super Druid Powers, to fight the Warlock and his quest to bring Satan to Earth.
February 14, 2012
Silly, 2 movies going on at the same time between a 'kid uncovering his secret superpowers' while evil son of satan kills everyone. Fun though, good ending.
May 21, 2011
A sátán fattya visszat (C)rt a pokolból, term (C)szetesen a világ meghódításának szánd (C)kával. Hickox már a Hellraiser III. r (C)sz (C)vel bizonyította, hogy k (C)pes (C)pk (C)zláb folytatást összehozni. A Warlock 2 a megfelezett költs (C)gvet (C)s (C)hez k (C)pest el (C)g látványosra sikeredett, de a tört (C)netet egy kiss (C) összecsapottnak (C)reztem. A párhuzamos esem (C)nyekb'l egyed 1/4l a warlock (Julian Sands) szála (C)rt (C)kelhet', míg a pozitív h'sök f (C)lelmetesen rosszak voltak - a boszorkány 1/4ldöz' kik (C)pz (C)s (C)s az alatta szóló szentimentális zene kis híján az 'r 1/4letebe kergetett. Magyar pozitívum, hogy Julian Sand hangja Alföldi Róbert, cinikus hanghordozása sokat dobott gonosz ármánykodásán.
February 21, 2011
How can you kill that which is forever!!! Priceless
January 30, 2011
A cheesy fantasy horror film that holds up better than others of series because of its quirky humour and inventive effects. The story is pure nonsense but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Julian Sands camps it up for this sequel and is fun villain, how else do you play it ? Stand out scene is Julian's 'birth-' arriving fully grown from his poor mortal mum.
½ January 12, 2011
Enjoyable fantasy horror about the son of Satan's attempt to resurrect his father in modern day America. It's not particularly frightening or scary and the digital effects look dated, but it's fast-paced, gruesome and Julian Sands owns as the Warlock once again.
December 3, 2010
Some dodgy early 90s CGI effects but still a fun horror fantasy film
September 5, 2010
warlock ramped up with more blod and gore. the effects are better than the 1st in ways but havn't aged at all well. this just seemed like one of those forgetable 90's horror films that came out at the time, where you thought they were good until you rewatch them.
I think this is the only other film that ive seen the captain in lethal weapon in? and whats really going on with pretty much making the good guys jedi's??
½ September 4, 2010
The actors are pretty enough but the plot is hokey and provokes more guffaws than actual shrieks.
½ August 5, 2010
The Warlock films haven't held up quite as well as I would have liked, but this sequel is still loads of blood-drenched fun. Supposedly the bloodiest film in history at one point, Warlock: The Armageddon goes beyond its predecessor in terms of on-screen gore: possessed births, vomiting black blood, etc. etc. etc. The plot is even cheesier than the first film because it involves a secret group of Druids who are supposed to prevent the advent of the devil's son. A macabre and hilariously cheesy horror ride featuring plenty of magical mayhem and satanic debauchery for everyone.