Warlords (Tau ming chong) Reviews

• Aug 22, 2016

Bloody and full of philosophical brilliance, Li adds another stirring performance to his epical repertoire.

• Feb 14, 2016

Watched it thinking it's a Historical War Epic, felt like it's a mixture of drama with little silent type romance thrown in with no consideration given on storytelling, flow and pace of the movie. It was like watching random scenes with little sense to them, might be the dubbing was lacking. There is very little action, the only sequence there is, is badly choreographed. Got no complains on the acting side, it seemed solid just the direction & editing was a let-down.

• Nov 02, 2015

Epic for the way it depicts the 19th century China and the world's deadliest rebellion ever that few outside China know much out. The story has appeal although for those unfamiliar with the cultural values and norms, a lot may appear trivially sentimental. Spectacular production and great costumes.

• Apr 25, 2015

so much money spent on this film. I was expecting more

so much money spent on this film. I was expecting more

• Nov 30, 2014

Review: What an epic movie! I quite enjoyed this deep action movie about 3 warriors who join forces to fight against the Taiping Rebellion. There vow to each other is questioned after certain situations draw the brothers apart, during a time were they don't know who is there friend or there enemy. The storyline was very well put together, but the ending seemed a bit random and unexplainable. The action scenes were epic and very detailed and the backdrop of the whole film was impressive. All of the actors put in a believable performance, especially Jet Li who had some emotional scenes. On the downside, the political side to the movie was a bit confusing but I quite enjoy this big budget spectacular. Enjoyable! Round-Up: This is the second movie in my Jet Li series and I can definitely say that he is a versatile actor. Everyone is used to seeing Jet Li using his martial arts to take down his enemies, but this film is based around the war era, so it would have looked a bit odd if he was going around kicking people's butt. The chemistry between the 3 characters was brilliant and the seriousness on Jet Li's face throughout the movie made it intense, especially during the war scenes. I'm becoming a fan of Andy Lau, who starred in movies like the great Shaolin and House Of Flying Daggers and I also liked Takeshi Kaneshiro who plays the other guy in the brotherhood and also starred in House Of Flying Daggers. Anyway, I'm not one that usually likes reading subtitles whilst trying to watch a movie, but they really didn't spoil this well put together film. Budget: $40million Worldwide Gross: $130,000 (What A Flop!) I recommend this movie to people who are into their Jet Li movies about 3 friends who make a pact to protect each other whilst fighting against the Taiping Rebellion. 7/10

• Jul 02, 2014

Movie that chronicles that mid-nineteenth century in China, there is a bloody civil war that left fifty million dead

• Jun 14, 2014

A well-made example of the genre, even if it doesn't extend it.

A well-made example of the genre, even if it doesn't extend it.

• Mar 14, 2014

Great epic Chinese war movie staring Jet Li, Andy Lau, and Takeshi Kaneshiro as three brothers living and dying as one!

• Feb 06, 2014

Good action but often the story goes wayward making it hard to follow.

Good action but often the story goes wayward making it hard to follow.

• Jan 24, 2014

A lengthy, but decent period war drama.

A lengthy, but decent period war drama.