The Warrior and the Sorceress - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Warrior and the Sorceress Reviews

September 2, 2009
Entertaining sword and sorcery B movie with David Carradine.
½ March 1, 2015
A good sword fighting movie staring David Carradine.
August 20, 2014
If you were expecting anything exciting, you will most likely be disappointed. The story is basically Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo filtered through a clich fantasy setting. I should point out that for a movie entitled "The Warrior and the Sorceress", there's no magic at all. Not even the eponymous sorceress uses any magic, which is baffling because she's a sorceress. Wouldn't you expect a sorceress to use magic? Anyway, there's no character I could like at all, and that's because they're all mediocre. The acting is terrible, mainly because the actors don't seem very enthusiastic about being in this movie at all. The film looks okay, but it's nothing like what the poster would have you believe. The setting is rather blatantly similar to Yojimbo, and they did a terrible job at hiding it. The fight scenes are okay, but they're not spectacular or entertaining. The best fight scene in the entire film is the final fight at the end of the film, and even that could have been better. This is clearly a case of a film that sounded good on paper, but when I actually saw it, I thought it could have been much better.
December 6, 2008
it was ok. kind of a weird fantasy re-make of yojimbo. david carradine was awesome though
June 24, 2013
First off, this movie is better if you turn off the audio and listen to Rush while drinking and watching it with a buddy. It is a pretty tedious rip-off otherwise. Secondly, that is clearly not David Carradine's body on the cover. Overall, this is nothing more than a Conan rip-off that does not fare near as well as some of the other Conan rip-offs from the same period.
½ May 9, 2013
Fantasy rip-off of A Fistful of Dollars, most notable in that lead actress Maria Socas plays the whole film topless. A guilty pleasure for the awful acting and effects.
March 3, 2013
Fantasy versjon av Yojimbo... Dryt lavt budsjett, dry exploitation, men litt gy likevel. Ingen stjerner, craptastic :)
½ October 27, 2012
Sword and sorcery film where the standard female attire might just make a Hooters waitress feel overdressed. A drifter rescues a princess while playing two feuding warlords living only meters apart against each other as they fight over a well.
½ February 16, 2012
David Carradine calls attention to this otherwise ordinary sword and sorcery epic that notably steals its plot from a couple much better films. Evidence of budget restraints for wardrobe; Maria Socas plays the entire film topless.
½ April 27, 2011
"In honor of my new sword, I've ordered special entertainment!" Imagine a sci-fi retelling of Yojimbo with Roger Corman spirit and production value. Can't wait, right? In high school I desperately ate up any sword and sandal flick that might even hint at glimmer of the greatness that was Conan The Barbarian. Movies like Deathstalker and Barbarian Queen, but usually, those cheesefests sorely disappointed. I wish I had discovered Warrior and the Sorceress back in the day, but I'll take what I can get now. Wall to wall nudity with a lead actress who doesn't appear to own a top, and silly kung fu swordplay really do make this flick a must see for exploitation fans. VF.
½ December 30, 2010
December 1, 2010
What can you say about a sword & sorcery rip off of "Yojimbo" with tons of gratuitous nudity and David Carradine? I thought so.
½ November 22, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010

(1984) The Warrior And The Princess
FANTASY/ ACTION

Again, another movie with a familiar plot device derived from what people saw from Akira Kurosawa's masterpiece "Yojimbo"! "Last Man Standing", "War" and the best of the bunch "A Fistful of Dollars" except this one has two warring groups fighting over a water well with an apocalype desert setting! Watching this film is like something what low budget king Roger Cormon would do because of the nudity and the fake sword fighting! One of the contradictions the movie has made was the fact that although Carradine possessed a sword that could slice down an anvil, that upon using it afterward acted like any other sword instead of slicing the other swords in half it connected with makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

1.5 out of 4
September 6, 2009
The plot borrows heavily from Yojimbo (which I haven't seen). It is not set in Samurai times (or Western times as Fistful of Dollars also follows this plot), but set in a fantasy sword and sorcery world. David Carraidine meanders through the script, and the fight scenes are boring as hell. Only redeeming part is that there is one more woman-part than Total Recall, if you know what I mean.
½ May 3, 2009
I bought this one because one of my favorite actors, David Carradine, was in it and because it is a fantasy. Very disappointed.
April 27, 2009
There sure is a lot of sugar boobies in this sword and sorcery tale (Maria Socas is topless through the entire thing)..in fact there's a chick w/ four tits so fuck you Total Recall; this one had the multiple mams first
½ March 22, 2009
David Carradine is in the middle of two groups who are fighting over a water well, while the sorceress is topless the whole movie. Cheesy like, Deathstalker or Barbarian Queen.