The Warrior and the Sorceress - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Warrior and the Sorceress Reviews

June 24, 2013
First off, this movie is better if you turn off the audio and listen to Rush while drinking and watching it with a buddy. It is a pretty tedious rip-off otherwise. Secondly, that is clearly not David Carradine's body on the cover. Overall, this is nothing more than a Conan rip-off that does not fare near as well as some of the other Conan rip-offs from the same period.
September 6, 2009
The plot borrows heavily from Yojimbo (which I haven't seen). It is not set in Samurai times (or Western times as Fistful of Dollars also follows this plot), but set in a fantasy sword and sorcery world. David Carraidine meanders through the script, and the fight scenes are boring as hell. Only redeeming part is that there is one more woman-part than Total Recall, if you know what I mean.
½ May 3, 2009
I bought this one because one of my favorite actors, David Carradine, was in it and because it is a fantasy. Very disappointed.
½ March 1, 2015
A good sword fighting movie staring David Carradine.
August 20, 2014
If you were expecting anything exciting, you will most likely be disappointed. The story is basically Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo filtered through a clich fantasy setting. I should point out that for a movie entitled "The Warrior and the Sorceress", there's no magic at all. Not even the eponymous sorceress uses any magic, which is baffling because she's a sorceress. Wouldn't you expect a sorceress to use magic? Anyway, there's no character I could like at all, and that's because they're all mediocre. The acting is terrible, mainly because the actors don't seem very enthusiastic about being in this movie at all. The film looks okay, but it's nothing like what the poster would have you believe. The setting is rather blatantly similar to Yojimbo, and they did a terrible job at hiding it. The fight scenes are okay, but they're not spectacular or entertaining. The best fight scene in the entire film is the final fight at the end of the film, and even that could have been better. This is clearly a case of a film that sounded good on paper, but when I actually saw it, I thought it could have been much better.
½ May 9, 2013
Fantasy rip-off of A Fistful of Dollars, most notable in that lead actress Maria Socas plays the whole film topless. A guilty pleasure for the awful acting and effects.
March 3, 2013
Fantasy versjon av Yojimbo... Dryt lavt budsjett, dry exploitation, men litt gy likevel. Ingen stjerner, craptastic :)
½ November 22, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010

(1984) The Warrior And The Princess

Again, another movie with a familiar plot device derived from what people saw from Akira Kurosawa's masterpiece "Yojimbo"! "Last Man Standing", "War" and the best of the bunch "A Fistful of Dollars" except this one has two warring groups fighting over a water well with an apocalype desert setting! Watching this film is like something what low budget king Roger Cormon would do because of the nudity and the fake sword fighting! One of the contradictions the movie has made was the fact that although Carradine possessed a sword that could slice down an anvil, that upon using it afterward acted like any other sword instead of slicing the other swords in half it connected with makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

1.5 out of 4