Warriors (Peacekeepers) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Warriors (Peacekeepers) Reviews

August 2, 2012
This miniseries is a piece of art and it deserves better audience.
½ September 13, 2009
One of the most striking film I've seen
½ July 3, 2009
4.5 stars not cause of movie is masterpiece pr something, movie just had a story, which i know very well...
story about UN troops during WAR agression onBosnia... it's story about British soldiers under UN flag, doing upsolutly nothing and being witness of killings incocent kids and otehr civilinas by monsters.... they didn't react, cause they didn't want to, just cause they were ordered to do nothing just watch and not helpin in ethnic cleaning ......

some tryed to help but superiors said NO, we r not here to take sides....... hmmm wonder what would happend if americans said we are not to take side in WW2..... but anyway..... most those guys , youn lads, suffered when they come back home... post war trauma or what they hell.... they couldn't understand how some of ppl can be so fuckinmonsters.....

it's sad story, about bosnian war, and show once more how UN forces are useless, they just spend someones money doing nothing .....

MUST SEE MOVIE
½ February 8, 2009
Very touching movie, the UN soldiers didnt fire a single bullet in the whole movie. Most of the time they werent allowed to help the people in need because of some silly rules by the UN. So they could just stand by and watch as children, women and old people was slaugthered.
September 29, 2008
Excellent all around. The subject matter is disturbing and even though the main characters are fictional, I'm sure that they are fairly accurate interpretations of the impact on the UN soldiers who were sent there.
September 21, 2008
This is a definite must see! Powerful story and great characters, but it sure left me questioning my conscience and feeling tormented.
September 21, 2008
September 4, 2008
If the conflict in Bosnia has become something of a forgotten war, it's not for the want of trying from the immensely powerful BBC film Warriors, the story of five young soldiers and their harrowing experiences in the region. Opening with an extended view of the five's home lives--all are on leave when called up to form part of the UN peacekeeping mission--Peter Kosminksy invites the viewer to experience the war at a strictly personal level. And while this leaves little scope for any general political overview of events (aside from the horror of war) this is a piece of drama and not a documentary.
August 19, 2008
The two-part series (BBC) which was shown on TV is a description of how a majority of British UN soldiers experienced the war in former Yougoslavia.
It's a shame that this really good movie will be only seen by a minority.
July 14, 2008
This movie was very well done. It is very easy to feel for the soldiers in the UN. Matthew Macfadyen was wonderful, as usual.
June 30, 2008
meget becægende og realistisk
May 23, 2008
Absolutely a must see!
May 4, 2008
Like others events we sent UN peacekeepers to have good conscience... But who can be enough silly to think that sending soldiers to keep peace in a battlefield can work?
½ March 5, 2008
naturalistic, ya rly
March 5, 2008
Yeah, peacekeepers, sent to a warzone without right to do something, just watch people dying. So strong movie, full of pain and despair.
January 24, 2008
Great actors in a realistic movie about a devastating war and its impact on the life of Brittish soldiers.
December 31, 2007
I confess I only watched this because the sublime Jodhi May is in it (very good, as usual, if underutilised). "Warriors" is an affecting look at the largely impotent and ultimately futile role of peacekeeping forces in modern warfare. Matthew McFadyen, Damian Lewis and Ioan Gruffudd are also very good.
December 29, 2007
A ne pas rater - dommage qu'il soit si difficile à trouver... Sans aucun doute le meilleur film que j'ai vu !
December 8, 2007
Enormissime, long mais a voir A B S O L U M E N T. Un film fantastique. Mention ++ pour la scene du camion et sa mise en scene hallucinante. Mention -- pour les facies serbes qui ont quand meme l'air d'etre des mechants.
½ November 22, 2007
Great. Just great! I love everything by Kosminsky. He creates great characters, tension, realism. Well worth watching, if you can get hold of it.