Wasabi - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wasabi Reviews

June 10, 2015
A Popcorn fun ride through a jacked up Japan....for the most part.
October 30, 2014
Okay I'm not going say this is one of the best films ever but it is one of my favorite films. It has some zany comedy moments, some very touching moments (some such as the lion and the nose conversations manage to be both) and some awesome action bits. It is a bit zany but I find French films often are, and the complaint that the main hero has no flaws is a bit odd as the whole film is about how outside of dealing with criminals he has virtually no social skills and as such gets in trouble, one of the films themes is that his one man army super cop thing isn't being allowed and everyone has had it up to here with his tragic backstory. If you want a fun action romp with a few laughs watch this film, if not try something else. Also do not watch the dub it is so incredibly bad it's just *shudders*
½ October 1, 2014
Good comedy and action Jean Reno will always be one of my favorite international actor
½ May 8, 2014
Absolutely great. Nice plot, lots of humour and fun till the end. One of best Jean Reno's movies
April 22, 2014
Overblown and Hollywoodized, but fun nonetheless.
April 7, 2014
One of my favorite films, with funny banter, great action scenes and good acting. It's atmosphere and characters remind me of animation or manga.
January 14, 2014
Jean Reno is a likeable actor who can pretty much plays anything. here he plays a cop going on a holiday to Japan to discover once he arrived he has a daughter & a bunch of really dodgy people are after her. it's funny, quite well done & the energy displayed by the comedians is communicative.
November 21, 2013
Una gran combinacion de Amor, Accion y Humor es lo que hace a esta pelicula una de mis favoritas
November 16, 2013
I really liked it, it was funny. Jean Reno was very good as well as Ryoko Hirosue
September 2, 2013
French mix of action and comedy. A violent but proficient Inspector Hubert Fiorentini (Jean Reno) travels to Japan to open the will of Miko, the woman he dearly loved but disappeared without trace nineteen years ago. When he arrives to the lawyer's Hubert has a major surprise when he discovers that he had a daughter with Miko he never knew about, a young rebellious girl called Yumi. He needs to protect her until she officially reaches adulthood in two days time. The danger comes from a group of gangsters that are closely following her and are trying to steal the major fortune her mother left her. To make matters worse he suspects Miko was killed. In those two days Hubert has to find out who murdered her while trying to bond with his estranged daughter enlisting the help of an old colleague, Momo (Michel Muller).
It is a slapstick comedy French style. There are funny moments, it is just that the story has too many holes and lacks consistency and coherence. I had fun watching it but it isn't great cinema, more like a way of showing off Jean Reno's humorous skills.
July 14, 2013
One has take wasabi as a spicy preference as an unlikely special services father learns his new role with a flamboyant if not out right over the top teenage daughter.
May 17, 2013
Really an enjoyable movie. It seems, he is appreciated by everyone in Japan, because he looked like the Emperor Hirohito, with his Japanese wife, perhaps. Even the Japanese Yakuza boss saw some resemblance, however faint, later.
½ April 10, 2013
Sometimes I wonder if some situations are funny, when I do that, I think those are dramatic situations.
January 22, 2013
Cheesy, but who doesnt love that? Be sure to watch it in the original French as the English dub is terrible, as it to be expected in any dub. oh, and theres a scene about halfway through were Jean Reno plays DDR. i thought my heart may explode in ecstasy. or maybe it was a bad dose of ecstasy. whatever. Drug references aside, very exciting to see Jean Reno beat peoples in teh face with clubs of golfing.
October 23, 2012
A toungue in cheek over the top action movie, It's good for a few laughs and decent fight scenes with an indestructible hero
October 19, 2012
Wasabi es una rápida película de acción ambientada entre Francia y Japón.
Posee una buen ritmo, logra ser jocosa y emotiva.
Un buen filme de entretención.
½ October 14, 2012
Great mix of action, comedy and simple craziness. I watched it so many times and it's always fun and entertaining. I enjoy this kind of humour but can understand that people who don't won't like the movie.
½ October 12, 2012
curious to see the ending but surprised with the ending , i thought the enemy were too slow and weak, okay film anyway
October 4, 2012
Wasabi is a little too fast paced for it's own good and Ryoko Hirosue's performance is so excessively boisterous it's beyond irritating. Jean Reno's performance is the only thing that saves this movie.