Washington Square - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Washington Square Reviews

½ January 4, 2009
Fair; but not impressive.
½ December 11, 2008
Checked this one out at the library...Casting and acting a bit odd but There were period costumes so I was able to watch the whole thing.
½ September 14, 2008
I havenā??t read the Henry James novel that this Agnieszka Holland film is based on, so I am not sure how it stands as an adaptation. Still, this is a well made period piece, even if it comes across as a bit stodgy at times. The film looks nice and the acting is particularly good, except for Ben Chaplin who I never really cared for in any movie. I am not sure the class conflicts, and the tension between love vs. money, are all that complicatedly explored, but the film is less melodramatic than most period pieces and is definitely worth a look.
½ September 1, 2008
I still don't completely know how I feel about this movie. It reminded me of one of those artsy films that leaves you scratching your head at the end, going "what was the point of this film", except this was done in period clothing. Like someone else said, I kept waiting for it to get better.
½ July 20, 2008
This was horrible. I kept waiting for it to get good and it just never did. I was very disappointed!!!
June 24, 2008
i dnt think she would ever forgive him.. noce story
May 13, 2008
The Heiress (1949) is a 5 star. Too bad it's not available in DVD.
½ May 6, 2008
HATED IT EVEN MORE THE A RAISIN IN THE SUN
April 5, 2008
There was just something about this movie. You feel anxious the whole time you're watching it. No particular complaints against the movie, maybe it was just the story itself I didn't like. But it felt as though I was missing something the entire time.
½ February 14, 2008
i liked it! probably the most depressing and realistic love story i've watched in a long time lol poor little Catherine...luckily she finally saw through him. i have to admit ben chaplin's guy was pretty charming at first though.
February 7, 2008
Wonderful remake of The Heiress (I usually loathe remakes).
½ January 12, 2008
Not as good as the 1949 The Heiress, but is truer to the book. Very well done.
January 10, 2008
Fantastic soundtrack
January 6, 2008
Beautiful story but also extremely sad, great actors and nice music. One of my favorite movies.. Haven't read the book yet...
iLeo
December 19, 2007
An interesting film!
November 7, 2007
the romantic movie by excellence.Ben Chaplin and Jennifer jason leigh are
amazing, in their two differents vision of life.
October 8, 2007
This story is great.. I love that whole tortured love...and the ending is just as it should be..
October 8, 2007
Its my favorit movie ,im in love with it..the story is amazing..i've seen it like ten times..simply love it
September 21, 2007
Such a dark movie. I didnt manage to completely understand it.