Wasted on the Young Reviews

• Jan 09, 2018

Quite a mix. Well cast. Strong in many ways, but the love story was a little underdeveloped, and the unsolvable problem of privilege, although answered better than might be expected, isn't wrapped up in the satisfactory way a movie might. That wouldn't be so bad, if only it wasn't so dark and hopeless. A director with potential.

• Jun 15, 2017

This started off so good and then descended into chaos. It seemed like it was going to be an interesting social commentary and then it just tried to be a thriller. But the thriller had huge logic holes in it. Could have ended this so much better. Shame bec the acting was good and the camera work slick

• Dec 15, 2014

It was good. I felt something powerfully moving about it, despite my rating.

It was good. I felt something powerfully moving about it, despite my rating.

• Jul 17, 2014

Where are the adults in this film, the police, any sense that half of what happens could actually take place. It's as if all of these kids live in the world of Charlie Browne where adults happen not to exist. The flashbacks and fantasy editing just serve to make it annoyingly difficult to figure out what's going on sometimes, which I like when figuring out what's going on is worth it. Not so in this case.

• Apr 20, 2014

great movie, loved the music too

great movie, loved the music too

• Nov 01, 2013

This was an interesting story with some great young actors. It was a very dark story and the ending was great.

• Oct 13, 2013

Cool concept, poor delivery.

Cool concept, poor delivery.

• Sep 01, 2013

Very enjoyable thriller with students at a private school all covering up their crimes from a drunken party where a fellow student is raped, and later commits suicide. The two main characters are brilliantly acted, and the remaining cast are passable. I have to say that this movie was very well written, really showing the difference between the bullies 'upper class' and remaining students.

• Aug 27, 2013

This dramatic tale of that sense of entitlement that some people have to get away with any violation, and revenge via modern media is an absolute winner for me. I say SEE IT!!!

• Aug 07, 2013

I found it pretty interesting. It's like lord of the flies in a wealthy area of Australia. Not a single adult is seen onscreen the entire movie. I think it lends to the idea that those who don't accept the bounds of society because they are not subject to them make up their own devious rules where social heirarchy and physical domination are most important. The cool kids rule without any sense of justice or civilization. The strong eat the weak. I also kind of like the style in which the movie was shot. It's sort of ambient and leads you through a thought process, although sometimes it becomes convoluted. The weak join the strong to prevent being devoured. I would recommend watching it