Watchers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Watchers Reviews

November 27, 2016
This movie incomparable to the book. However, thanks to Michael Ironside incredible performance this movie still rocks and entertaining no matter how many times I watch as it never gets boring. Thumbs up!?
August 8, 2016
Would've been interesting if they followed the book alittle more but it was okay. And they needed to show a longer shot of the monster.
½ July 26, 2014
Nothing spectacular but has some originality for an 80s movie. Corey Haim is a tad annoying with the squeaky voice and aww shux attitude.. The moussed up teenage hairstyle is in full effect. Best thing about Watchers is the dog and Michael Ironside being his normal scary self.. Not a must see but if you are at home sick with the flu, give it a look.
November 12, 2013
one of my absolute faves. i really enjoyed it and the sequel. lots of action and intensity. highly recommend!
½ July 10, 2013
Forgettable "B" Movie is watchable thanks to some decent performances--Silly and over the top, but also fun and entertaining!!
July 5, 2013
Never read the book, Found this on dvd for 3 so bought it anyway. Well I thought that its got one of the lost boys star's in it. How bad can it be?

Thought I was watching a made for TV production, I managed to watch the film through to the end.
½ April 27, 2013
mike Ironside is absolutely ruthless, rip c h
January 20, 2013
I can't really defend my liking this movie, I grew up with it. I was a child of the 80's and three of my favorites were Silver Bullet, The Lost Boys, and of course.. Watchers. It is what it is, it's a low budget monster movie with rampant over acting, and a creature that is almost never shown. Personally I see that as a smart decision on the part of the film makers, if you're not one hundred percent confident in your effects department.. then hide their creation and only show it in quick cuts. I think it works well, the monster didn't even look that bad- and trust me I've seen a lot. Michael Ironside is fun as the villain, there are some decent scares, some graphic violence, and a moderate amount of suspense.
July 25, 2012
Classic 80s flick......good times....
April 30, 2012
That sould be a negitvie 5 starts. For what they did to a good book the directors and producers that worked on this film should NEVER be allowed to work in the industry again!!!
March 20, 2012
Garbage! Rubbish! A few cool death scenes so I give it 1 star.
½ March 1, 2012
Another of those middle-of-the-road horror movies from the 1980s. This one has the likable Corey Haim (1971-2010) and a decent, if cliched, story of government experiments gone awry. Decent diversion for a rainy day.
½ February 12, 2012
Probably my favorite Dean Koontz story that isn't "The Oddkins", but this is also the last movie I would have wanted to see made in the 80s with one of the Coreys.
½ January 29, 2012
Read the book. Much better.
½ October 17, 2011
Worth watching for the Golden Retriever alone. That dog was awesome! Everything else especially the creature was lame except for Corey Haim. I can't believe they made so many sequels which I will never see!
September 10, 2011
He He havde helt glemt denne lille perle. Glimrende med er gensyn efter hvad vel efterhAanden er 15 Aar :)
September 7, 2011
Corey Haim + killer Sasquatch = f'ing awesome!
July 16, 2011
This was a pretty decent movie about a boy, played by Corey Haim, who takes in an escaped, highly intelligent dog, not knowing that it is being tracked by a creature that is truly evil.
Haim was at the peak of his popularity when this was made and he's always been good.
Decent thriller/horror based on Dean Koontz novel.
½ July 15, 2011
About as good as Cory Haim's heartbeat right about now.
July 10, 2011
Bad dialogue, ridiculous plot and a creature that looked so stupid they made sure not to show it until the end of the flick. If this is the best that Koontz can bring to the screen, I have been justified in never reading any of his novels.