Waxwork II: Lost in Time - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Waxwork II: Lost in Time Reviews

September 26, 2010
Watched it for the great Bruce Campbell, which his parts are good. However never gets over the cheesiness or able to overcome the small budget to be entertaining.
September 19, 2010
Follows on immediatly from the 1st movie, though its a diffrent actress and galligan has much longer hair! This is alot more spoofy then the 1st movie with the 2 leads bouncing around time(or dimensions) trying to prove that the woman didnt kill her step father. Im not sure how they ever though going around time will ever do that but they do it anyway.
Hell it doesnt matter its still quite a fun movie in a goofy way. Not really sure who its aimed at though? it has really childish comedy but some actual really good gore as well?
The best thing really is spotting the cameo's as there's quite a few people popping up. Bruce campbell steals the show though in his 5 mins!!
½ August 17, 2010
First half i really enjoyed then it went all 'the chosen one' and it lost me. Shame but i still enjoyed the little nods to horror classics such as 'The haunting' and the cameos. Watchable but not as good as the first (surprisingly)
August 13, 2010
I don't have much to say about Waxwork II--it follows the same pattern as the first one except now there are only two main characters who jump from one horror/sci-fi parody to another: The Haunting, Aliens, etc. all make appearances. While the first film functioned sort of like a slasher film because the characters were killed by these various alternate dimension scenarios, the second film only has two characters, so you never really get the same sense of dread and horror from the scenarios. A Bruce Campbell cameo does little to save the film, which ends up being a random work of parody and farce stitched together with an even thinner overall story than the first film.
½ May 28, 2010
I really enjoyed this. They haven't done something this crazy since the evil dead series. What I mean is, Evil Dead was more of a horror film and then Army Of Darkness was a comedy action film. Same goes for this. The first was more horror like and this was like a comedic adventure. Zach Galligan was pretty good again. The new girl they got to replace the old one was pretty bad. But the cheesiness from the film made up for it. Plus there was a great performance in one scene by Bruce Campbell and you have to enjoy that.
½ October 21, 2009
Just like the 1st....Something to watch
September 11, 2009
I don't have much to say about Waxwork II--it follows the same pattern as the first one except now there are only two main characters who jump from one horror/sci-fi parody to another: The Haunting, Aliens, etc. all make appearances. While the first film functioned sort of like a slasher film because the characters were killed by these various alternate dimension scenarios, the second film only has two characters, so you never really get the same sense of dread and horror from the scenarios. A Bruce Campbell cameo does little to save the film, which ends up being a random work of parody and farce stiched together with an even thinner overall story than the first film.
September 7, 2009
It was good but I wouldn't want to watch it again
August 19, 2009
A fun, gory comedy thats self aware of its cheesyness and crappyness which makes it slightly more enjoyable than the first. Bruce Cambell cameo helps this movie alot btw.
½ August 16, 2009
I loved this movie it covers all the B-movie areas. From mad scientist to aliens in space. From ghosts to zombies. As we follow our heroes through time, it never gets dull. Recommend to everyone, also you should check the first one out too.
August 10, 2009
This movie has nothing to do with the waxwork in the first movie..I enjoyed the horror movie spoofs but that didn't save this movie from being terrible.
July 15, 2009
Drags a little and not quite as good as the first but it's still great fun. Very "Army of Darkness."
½ July 13, 2009
Waxwork II: Lost in Time (1993) -- [3.0] -- A possessed severed-hand is the impetus for another anthology movie that pays direct homage to a string of horror classics including THE HAUNTING, ALIEN, FRANKENSTEIN, and others. The script meanders more haphazardly than the first movie, losing me well before the sweet mercy of the closing credits.
½ July 6, 2009
It was cool seeing David Carradine and Bruce Campbell in it.. It was pretty entertaining.
½ April 11, 2009
Not as good as the original or as fun but I will always love waxwork for it's love for other horror movies.
½ April 10, 2009
Even more cheesy than the original dont know why its called waxwork cuz it really as nothing to do with that nor time travel, its more a tale through fiction of books and movies, still quite entertaining and passes a hour or so
March 6, 2009
A B-movie in the true sense of the word. The time-travelling plot is really just an excuse to shoe-horn in a bunch of sequences that parody specific movies or genres. It's complete hokum but not in a particularly bad way and it certainly doesn't take itself seriously. Arguably better than 99% of the dull horror remakes that crop up on such a regular basis these days.
½ February 6, 2009
Only a slight down step from the original. Same general idea, just twisted a bit.
½ January 31, 2009
I thought surely this series couldn't get any worse, but I was dead wrong. It picks up right where the last one left off when the hand escaped, but when a completly new cast expecting us not to notice. I don't know how it is possible, but it's even worse than the original. It was just sooo bad. I never even want to hear about this movie again.