The Way of War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Way of War Reviews

½ April 22, 2016
Bad story, acting, dialogue.
On the positive side, Cuba jr. is very good in The Rat Race.
½ September 1, 2014
The Way of War gets a bad rap but the truth is that though it may be unmemorable it isn't as bad as many say it is. Though a bit slow and more cerebral than the DVD cover might suggest The Way of War offers a decent plot even if it never really explains itself. Not one of Cuba's worst (cough cough Shadowboxer) but not one that will bring the talented actor back to the limelight.
½ September 11, 2013
One of the worst movies I've ever seen.
October 5, 2012
This was the stupidest, boring piece of crap that I've ever seen. Not only did it suck, but the creators had to make it suck in a unique way...Through flash backs. I'm not sure, but I think I fell asleep on it at one point...It doesn't matter if I missed anything or not, because the movie still droned on. Do not engage in seeing this movie...It isn't even a "B" rating, I'm sure this one is a "D" or F for that matter. Avoid this one like the black plague.
May 28, 2012
If it were a high-school film project, with a $200 budget, it'd still fall short of any reasonable expectations. A complete flop. No action. No plot, No acting. Just a bunch of odd conversations in poorly light places, that don't add up to drivel.
½ May 1, 2012
I like Cuba Gooding Jr but this one seemed a bit over acted, plus I'm still a bit confused on the ending. I know he has definitely played this type of character a lot better before....
½ March 18, 2012
the worst movie ever, never did understand what it was supposed 2 be about
½ February 5, 2012
Not the best movie done by Cuba, almost seems like they just slapped it togeather. I think with the right equipment and the right director, this could have been a great movie.
January 13, 2012
This was so much slower then i thought it would be. I found it boring.
½ September 19, 2011
Perhaps one of the worse movies I have ever seen.
August 30, 2011
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. The story line was not developed at all. It seems as though there was no military consultant on the movie. I was very disappointed with Cuba Gooding Jr's acting in this movie as well.
July 9, 2011
watch it (if you choose, I'm not recomending it)... and then forget it... normal, nothing special.
½ June 18, 2011
Don Cuba necesita urgente un nuevo agente. Mal editada hasta el punto de la incoherencia, incluye un cameo por parte de un Osama de un universo alternativo. Ayyyyy.
½ June 1, 2011
It was ok, don't really recommend it. It was kind of confusing movie.
April 23, 2011
If an infinite (minus one) number of monkeys with an infinite (minus one) number of typewriters were given an infinite (minus one minute) timetable, and if the monkeys had been inbred specifically to produce decidedly sub-par intelligence, they would come up with this masturbatory, pretentious, pseudo-intellectual abomination.

If a technologically advanced, pacifistic race of aliens' first exposure to the human race was this film, they would immediately drop their peaceful trappings and send a punitive expedition to exterminate us all to a man.

John Carter appears to be (one of many) of the belief that the general public views as brilliant that which is incomprehensible.

The core-the rotten, stinking core-of this movie's problem is just plain bad writing. Every other formal element, from cinematography to acting, no matter how brilliant, cannot but fail on account of this foundation.

I mean... I'm angry. Livid. Not only for the hour and a half wasted in watching this partial (yet, strangely, not partial enough) abortion, but for the black blot it has placed upon human culture at large. This movie makes me feel ashamed to even be the same species as the writer.

Just. Plain. Bad. Writing. Bad.
½ April 22, 2011
This "film" has to be bits and pieces from the cutting room floor. The finished product is probably so good that the producers want to keep it for themselves. We got to see the crumbs.
April 20, 2011
Not sure what this was -- Pinter meets war? Too much philosophy in war? The plot was not only s-l-o-w but did not make a whole lot of sense either-- apparently there was an international conspiracy, but I totally missed it, and I have the hunch that the actors missed it as well.
½ March 14, 2011
There was absolutely no positive attribute that I can think of, except when the credits came up and I was able to confirm that the film really did just suck.
Highly recommend to all my haters!!!
½ March 12, 2011
It's an awful attempt at suspense wrapped up in a terrible Tarantino knock off. It's a movie that leaves you guessing (where the hell are they going with this) through out then leaves you wondering (what the hell just happened and how do I get those two hours of my life back) at the end.
March 12, 2011
Never been so disappointed in a movie with Cuba was bad from beginning to end. Only gave it a full star because he was in it.