Anthony Trollope's The Way We Live Now - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thoroughly enjoyed this mini -series about Upper Class Victorian society
March 9, 2013
Absolutely stunning!
½ November 10, 2012
you got to watch it for the Melmottes. I know it's based off of a book, but in my opinion the story could've been better without the whole railroad plot device.
November 10, 2012
better than Downton Abbey....and I liked Downton Abbey
January 8, 2012
I am going to pass on this one.
September 11, 2011
Wow, it was very depressing and none of the characters were likable.
½ February 28, 2011
We've enjoyed this series but unfortunately it feels like editing process has left out one whole episode.
½ January 29, 2011
It's like Trollope had a crystal ball..
October 24, 2010
as heart stirring as Pride and Prejudice.
The rise of egoism and the fall of morality,
it's sadly the way we live now.

and Shirley Henderson is so cute! I think people let her be moaning myrtle becoz of this movie? haha
½ October 9, 2010
I really enjoyed the first three episodes but the last one was pretty much all about Melmotte, so I found it a bit dull. Still, all in all, a solid piece of work.
½ July 5, 2010
Batman Begins's Cillian Murphy, Lord of the Rings's Miranda Otto, Pride and Prejudice's Matthew MacFadyen, and Harry Potter's Shirley Henderson star in BBC's brilliant adaptation of an excellent novel discussing the obscene rules of society during England's industrial revolution.
June 18, 2010
I think this was one of BBC's best adaptations yet, the actor's were splendid ( Who knew Moaning Myrtle could put out such a splendid performance?) , Cillian Murphy was fascinating as Paul Montague, and Mcfayden was sufficiantly dislikeable. But the highlight performance was David Suchet as as the great swindler Melmotte.
February 22, 2010
A drama about a swindler that decieved and convinced the wealthy to invest all their wealth in a fake business, The story of the upper classes thirst for wealth and prominence which ends in their ruin. A spiin off from the Little Dorrit series.
½ December 26, 2009
I haven't read the book so I can't compare the two, but this adaptation was very intriguing and entertaining. The characters are great not because they are likable (which many aren't) but because they are multi-faceted... like humans are. It is interesting to see how the changes that took place in the late 1800's impacted the lives of people and how some adapted to change quicker than others and how they clashed.
November 6, 2009 i shall have to find the book eventually :)
September 22, 2009
Cillian Murphy is in it so I NEED 2 SEE IT!!!!!
September 8, 2009
Mini-series of 4 episodes based on Anthony Trollope's novel. Watching the fourth and final episode soon.
½ September 1, 2009
Shirley Henderson is superbly cast as the irreverent daughter of Melmotte (David Suchet). Matthew MacFadyen clearly enjoys playing the cad Felix. And I think the plot on the whole is incredibly telling of ambition, greed, expectations, preconceived notions and life in a modern era. A great historical drama!
August 25, 2009
This is a great drama! There are so many things going on in the story that you're never sure how it will turn out in the end. I'd love to read the original novel.
½ April 13, 2009