Wayne's World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wayne's World Reviews

½ March 8, 2016
A classic and must watch.
March 1, 2016
Wayne's World is one of the funnier films I've seen, with a stupid plot, stupid characters and a couple of geniuses behind it all to make it stupid in the best way possible. Mike Myers should have won an Oscar for his performance here.

If you haven't watched this, watch it now.
February 26, 2016
Wayne's World, directed by Penelope Spheeris is a romantic comedy produced in 1992 and set in Aroura, Illinois. The main characters are Mike Myers playing Wayne, Dana Carvey as Garth, Tia Carrera as Cassandra, and Rob Lowe as Benjamin. The movie won 3 awards including the MTV Movie Award, Brit Awards, and the ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. I love this movie because it's a great family comedy.

Wayne's World is a tale of two men trying to make it big, and in some terms, I guess that it worked out. Wayne and Garth have a small T.V. show in Wayne's basement called "Wayne's World". It's just like the local news, but with a hilarious attitude. The duo get what they wanted but there was a couple speedbumps in the process.

One of the funniest parts of Wayne's World is when Wayne and Garth start to argue while laying under that plane flies over them. The reason that I find this scene funny is because I can relate to it. Sometimes you get into a really bad fight with your friends. What also made this funny is because they timed it perfectly because they started swearing.

It also is a great movie because it brings joy to the whole family. There are multiple scenes that a family with any age children can enjoy together. Films like this can bring people closer to each other like teens who sit on their phones all day. If it's good enough to get a 14 year old girl off her phone for the whole film, it deserves gratitude and some awards.

Overall Wayne's World is an amazing movie. How else would it bring in an income of $183,097,323? I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes semi cheesy movies. Honestly this is my all time favorite movie, and I hope it can be yours too!
½ February 24, 2016
24 years on, this is still a classic, but not as funny as when I first saw it.
February 21, 2016
"In some countries marriage is a punishment" Wayne. Love it love it love it love it .watched it way too many times though love it.
February 19, 2016
One of the few well adapted SNL to film skits, Waynes World was Mike Myers at his best. Creative, well developed, lovable characters that related to the audience and still made us laugh with their quirky reactions to awkward situations. Party on!
½ January 31, 2016
really funny as hell.
½ January 23, 2016
Hilarious and cool

Wayne (played by Mike Myers) and his friend Garth (Dana Carvey) have their own program on public access television, broadcast from the basement of Wayne's parents' house. It is pretty low-key and has a limited audience. However, they are spotted by an unscrupulous, superficial and manipulative TV producer, Benjamin (Rob Lowe), who aims to turn them more mainstream and exploit the advertising and sponsorship potential of the show...

Based on the characters Mike Myers and Dana Carvey played on Saturday Night Live, Wayne's World is very funny and original. Some great dialogue and one-liners and contemporary (for the early/mid-90s) humour. Some fairly clever send-ups of popular culture too. Captures well the zeitgeist of the early/mid-90s, including the music - the soundtrack is excellent.

Only downside is that it hasn't aged too well, and the in-humour of the mid-90s doesn't transfer very well to 20+ years later. It did feel a bit less fresh in 2016 as opposed to 1992. Still a great movie though.
January 16, 2016
A true comedy classic.......NOT!!!!!!!
January 5, 2016
One of my favorite comedies of all time-- Myers and Carvey in their prime.
½ January 2, 2016
To me I kinda liked it. It was a little bit funny and a little dumb.
December 13, 2015
Definitely had some funny highlights-the psycho ex girlfriend parts and most of what Garth does.
November 7, 2015
Wayne's World is a classic comedy that fully utilizes the comedy talents of Mike Myers and Dana Carvey. The writing is hilarious and the film never takes itself too seriously, giving us great laughs and a great film.
½ October 28, 2015
Exceptional film, ridiculousness!!
October 18, 2015
One of the two truly hilarious SNL movies.
October 8, 2015
I was trying to think back if there was a better SNL-inspired movie than this one and I couldn't come up with any. There are so many good jokes and a great cast of supporting characters. This was also the pinnacle of Dana Carvey's career but they're both so perfect as these characters. Hasn't aged a day in my opinion.
½ September 28, 2015
Wayne's World, the SNL skit stretched into a popular motion picture, was a subjectively underwhelming affair. It has a handful of clever moments spread around it like satirical product placement and a T-1000 cameo, but "comedy" wise the humor almost never landed, only garnering a smirk most of the time and coming off as goofy instead of funny. The charm and exuberance of the two lead actors and quirky characters made Wayne's World an at least tolerable affair, but not one I intend to revisit.
September 20, 2015
Back before Michael Myers had became such a painful parody of himself, he was creating wonderful characters like Wayne Campbell for SNL, who soon became a household name in the early 90's after the release of Wayne's World, an utterly outrageous and hilarious comedy that still stands up to this day. Wayne's World follows the life of Wayne and Garth, 2 local celebrities who host their own show, "Wayne's World" from a basement. The show is stupid and extremely one note, however it is such a hit with the youth that a big shot producer called Benjamin decides to buy the show off the comedy duo and exploit them for all the money he can. Its really simple stuff here, however what the film does do right is stick close to the source materials roots, it never tries to be something its not, it constantly feels like a collage of skits put together for a special edition of SNL and it works for the most part. Mike Myers and Dana Carvey are astounding as the comedy duo, with Dana stealing the lime light copious amounts of time with his out of this world character Garth and his perfect comic timing. It is essentially Garth who makes this entire outing so memorable and unique. He is the perfect representation of social anxiety in youth, one we can all relate too and laugh with the positions he gets himself into. Myers is more serious, if thats possible, but the duo work so well together because of this. It's not just a one trick pony, Myers and Carvey continually offer up some of the most memorable and quotable comedy in decades. The film itself is a frighteningly accurate representation of the MTV generation, loud music videos, bright colours, stupidity and fun and Wayne's World really sells all of those ideas. It is not the most intelligent or ground braking piece of material but it unashamidly comes out all guns blazing and acts stupid, getting away with it 99% of the time. A must for any comedy collection, simple and effective.
½ September 18, 2015
First time watching it....excellent.
August 31, 2015
Wayne's World! Wayne's World! Party On!