We Are Family - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We Are Family Reviews

June 6, 2016
The movie is quite a good one, but the writing could've been better and the movie struggles to keep your attention many times. However, the movie was good so was the idea, it could've been executed in a much better way though.
October 30, 2015
A crappy version of stepmom with bad writing and crappy chemistry
April 1, 2013
As an official remake of the English film "Stepmom" it is given license to exactly recreate scenes rather than borrow from them as is the case with other, less official remakes. Because of this you're able to better appreciate the creative additions they bring. Still a sappy story, the mom is irresponsible in her initial instructions for the children's interactions with their father's girlfriend. Always made me hate that character. Your own fights with a person are YOURS, cheapened the story for me.
But the line, "I have their yesterday, but you have their tomorrow." Is both heartfelt and heartbreaking. As a mom that is a haunting thought!
The big production end was a little insane, "Hey, you're going to die in the next few days, we're going to put together this slideshow if all the memories until now. Let's dress up nice and stand on a stage between you and three giant screens and watch as your heartbreaks knowing this is the end of your life!" How about no....
I wondered if they'd flash forward to the wedding, was glad they did. :)
September 23, 2012
excellent version of the hollywood movie with Jennifer lopez and Susan sarandon! but this version is much much more sad! and lovely!
April 23, 2012
My favorite scene is when they sing and dance to an Indian version of "Jailhouse Rock".
½ April 21, 2012
Copy of the movie Stepmom,

Sad story with good actors, worth a watch
½ January 18, 2012
Buena película para ver en familia, con un toque de historias ya antes vistas pero con el estilo bollywoodense que conmueve.
½ October 10, 2011
Meh. Sweet but the general idea seems a little twisted to me.
October 9, 2011
If I wanted to watch Stepmom, I would have watched Stepmom.
August 31, 2011
HERMOSA PELICULA, QUE EN REALIDAD SERIA DIFICIL DE AFRONTAR UNA LECCI”N DE VIDA.
½ July 4, 2011
A and J saw there first bollywood today. A said she would have rated it 100% if anyone had asked her. And, we watched and danced to the music scene 2X. Bollywood is a rite of passage!
July 3, 2011
Very heart-breaking. And such pretty and adorable kids especially the youngest one.!
June 23, 2011
If you liked Stepmom, this is a must see since its Bollywood's adaption. How does it compare? Well some parts are better in this than in Stepmom, and vice versa. I think the romance between the girlfriend and father is more evident in the original flick - its much deeper and the two had a good deal of chemistry, as opposed to in this film where the girlfriend is completely 100% for the kids and the dying mother - the chemistry between the girlfriend and the kids is much better here. While the two characters look good together, the girlfriend and father have 0 chemistry between them; in fact, they could be brother and sister. There is also more character in the eldest daughter in Stepmom. Still, I enjoyed this a lot - don't listen to sticking wikipedia, its decent, its emotional, its entertaining. Too bad it left out what had to be the best scene in Stepmom - the proposal.
½ June 6, 2011
Nice family movie!!! but sad...
½ May 24, 2011
A cute movie. Stepmom goes Bollywood in this India version. Enjoyable and worth a watch.
March 2, 2011
Bollywood's version of Stepmom. As usual for Bollywood, it was very dramatic with extremely over-the-top dramatic music in almost every scene...not sure why they have to do that all the time. BUT...I found this one of the better Bollywood attempts. Good actors. Good story. Actually choked me up at times..
February 18, 2011
The biggest problem in the movie is that it does not connect. One does not accept anything but time-tested/worn storylin in KJ movies. Yet, it's the character development that binds the audience. When that fails, like in this movie, the product turns out to be extremely sloppy and soppy.
February 7, 2011
kajol'u ilk kez GICIK bir rolde goruyorum.. onun disinda guzeldi.. 6/10
½ February 5, 2011
saddest movie i've ever seen
January 25, 2011
Sad Indian movie. Husband upsets wife and kids by moving in with girl friend, wife developes life threatening illness so husband returns home. Wife grooms the girl friend to take over her role after she dies. Together they try to play happy family.