We Are The Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We Are The Night Reviews

June 27, 2013
???? We Are The Night ??? ??? ?????? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??? ?? ???? ?????
May 29, 2013
different vampire story because the vampire is all woman. not really thriller movie but it's entertaining and i like the setting, Berlin!
½ February 11, 2013
Uma histůria moderna de vampiras como poucas. Vale a pena assistir, especialmente pela vampira depressiva que representa muito bem um dos problemas da imortalidade.
½ January 2, 2013
A bit of silly pulp, but a lot of fun to cheer at and laugh with. Try the DVD with the dubbed american voices commentary track. Much better than it looks from the cover.
December 21, 2012
Only one good scene in the entire movie.
November 24, 2012
European film with quite a good plot...kept me awake
November 20, 2012
Slick, fun, but bristling more with unrealised potential than with anything actually jaw-dropping. Breath of fresh air in a much overdone genre, however. Jennifer Ulrich's simmering goddess is worth the rental cost alone.
½ November 18, 2012
I enjoyed this film...nuff said.
½ November 7, 2012
It was a whole lot better than I hoped for and would have been even better if not for those cheesy english voiceovers with a horrid German accent. If a feministic take on "Lost Boys" sounds like something you'd like to see, give it a try.
October 28, 2012
I love this movie, but the voices in the dubbed version are really annoying - stick with the subtitles instead.
½ October 28, 2012
Violência ludi­ca e presas afiadas, sangue simples e fx elaborado, bela Berlim e deliciosa trilha sonora...
tudo o que o cinema americano tenta ser e n√£o consegue.
October 26, 2012
Fun German Vampire film think clueless meets Blade.
½ October 8, 2012
Wonderful,creative and a chilling romantic vampire movie.Attractive casts and visual stunts makes it greater for a vampire movie,and a mysterious ending..
October 3, 2012
The German vampire thriller We Are the Night takes an intriguing and refreshing look at the genre. The story follows a young delinquent named Lena who's chosen by an elder vampire to a join her coven of sister vampires. The directing is quite artistic and delivers some amazing scenes. And it presents an interesting mythology, where vampirism has turned into a matriarchy that is tightly controlled. However, the storytelling doesn't live up to ambitions of the film; leave a lot of territory unexplored. Yet, We Are the Night is an exotic and stylistic film with a compelling story.
September 25, 2012
Well...It wasn't bad...But it wasn't that good either...didn't really have much of a storyline or any real goal throughout the movie but there was action in it. Honestly I have no idea how I managed to come across this movie, I just saw it in my list of torrents one day and thought what the hey I'll give it a shot. I actually was gonna give it a 2 star rating but I gave it the 3rd star because when a vampire got in the sunlight it caught on fire and died and not sparkled like a certain someone from a certain movie...a very pale someone i might add. But it was ok...the ending was pretty good...I would recommend this movie for women that are fascinated in vampires and/or wanna be vampires and also bisexual/lesbian women. It really wasn't that bad though...
½ September 8, 2012
A slick looking, postmodern vampire tale, We Are the Night is a new take on the female vampire film. Gone are the tropes of the exploitative lesbian vampire films of Hammer Studios and Jess Franco. We Are the Night strives to be an empowering picture of women vampires, and it mostly succeeds in both its style and content. Well-made and solidly acted, it just never quite reaches a level that makes it something truly memorable...
½ September 8, 2012
Lesbian vampire thrill seekers gone insane. I like the Mustang.
August 30, 2012
We Are The Night is a string vampire film, with stunning locals and excellent pacing...its urban, chic and filled with strong performances..the musical score is exciting as well... it was great seeing these girls have fun in a woman only vampire world.....
½ August 29, 2012
I love vampire movies ..
½ August 12, 2012
Pretty good. A group of vampires take in a troubled misfit and give her everything she could want. It was pretty amazing seeing the girl going from dirty and crazy looking to beautiful vampire. There is not a whole lot of action, but enough to keep it interesting.