We of the Never Never - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We of the Never Never Reviews

October 17, 2014
The film doesn't quite hold up as it did 30 years ago due to the pieces of filler somewhat found in the movie. However, in the Land Down Under, it was certainly a big film at the time. We of the Never Never doesn't quite have stars that are the most engaging, but they all put in their money's worth, along with a down-to-earth plot to boot.
September 30, 2012
I just watched the DVD. Refreshing to see a really great movie with no special effects. A really good watch and a very believable story.
½ November 13, 2008
The beautiful soundtrack of oboe & bassoon really gets in deep. I guess I'll have to read the book now. Great acting. Pleasantly surprised.
½ November 1, 2008
Very enjoyable film about the beaty and hardship of outback Australia and one woman's true story of challenging the land and the people who lived there. The book delved more into the characters but I though the film captured most very well and conveyed the isolation she felt and the toughness of the environment and expectations she faced. Oh yeah- and I admit it - I cried a little at the end!!
August 27, 2008
Slow moving, but moving just the same. A good film.
June 4, 2008
A good dramatisation of the novel. It shows the struggle of people to fit into difficult environments and highlightd the advertsities faced in isolated communites.
March 24, 2008
Sweet, touching, inspiring, the true story of Jeannie (Aeneas) Gunn. A period drama set in the outback where a "frail" woman realizes her inner strength to overcome adversity.
½ January 12, 2008
Explores some interesting ideas on racial treatment. However, a lot of the film is discussion heavy and little in the way of change happens. Characters seem to start and end the film with the same viewpoint.
December 10, 2007
this is the movie that made me want to go to australia
October 22, 2007
There was occasionally a downside to havig a dad who showed you a wide range of films. This was one of those boring boring downsides.
½ October 2, 2007
This critically acclaimed and award-winning drama is based on the memoirs of Jeannie Gunn, the first white woman to venture into Australia's Northern Territory.