We the Party - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

We the Party Reviews

February 13, 2016
Fantastic..It's hilarious that "Black" movies on this site are ALWAYS rated low...hmmmm. Rotten tomatoes is TRULY that... ROTTEN
August 29, 2014
omg what a movie love love 1000000000000000000times love i can watch it a 111111111222222333333333444444455556666677778889990001019282820$7739373320
August 7, 2014
who was this movie made for??? anyone beyond the tween and teen group will drop out of their chair trying to watch this movie. i think i hit the floor three or four times (just kidding).

there are endless scenes of monotonous 'teen' interaction and needless stagnant obsessive viewing of 'young flesh' in various stages of dress. if you are willing to punish yourself watching these sophomoric scenes of behavior you will get to the message this film so wants to tell.

unfortunately this takes almost two hours! it might have been more powerful if the director & editor has whittled the footage down to at least one hour. but as it is i found myself getting very agitated watching these teens act out a life that obviously had no meaning to them outside of the script.
June 19, 2014
immoral these teens have no morals
½ April 16, 2014
It's not the worst movie. The cast was too much i couldn't keep track. It is like every other high school movie out there nothing new here. The movie does grow on you after a while though.
½ September 29, 2013
The problem with this movie is that it didn't know what it wanted to be. At various points it felt like "American Pie" (1999), while at others it felt like "Dangerous Minds" (1995), and yet at times the dialogue felt like I was watching "High School Musical" (2006). Or was this supposed to be a music movie? If so, it didn't work too well. It had a really long rap battle scene, where you couldn't even understand what they were saying. If you want a movie like that, watch "8 Mile" (2002). I really didn't like most of the music in this movie--really it's not my preferred genre, so it's hard for me to judge if it was good or bad. I did like "Truth" by YG--mixing in Canon in D makes everything sound good. I think the movie would've been better if it stuck to a particular style. If they were aiming for cheesy teen movie, than they should've done that. If they were aiming for urban hardship and coming of age, they should've stuck with that. All mixed together, it ended up being mush. The movie deals with a socioeconomically diverse high school, and the teen problems within it. But again, it tried to deal with too much. It felt like there was no centralized plot, it dragged on, and there was often a feeling of "where are we going with this?" I think they should consider making this movie into a television series, that way they can deal with all the different characters and all the different situations one episode at a time.
July 23, 2013
its a movie u can watch with your teens and they can relate
½ April 12, 2013
or you can call it "Van Peebles Next generation" unwise I enjoyed this movie - not the humor of American Pie but a certain innocent and realistic to it.
March 30, 2013
it off tha chain bro I love it
March 30, 2013
Love iy it relates to us teens today
March 19, 2013
A movie with good intentions that has alot to say about youth. Unfortunately it has too many cheesy elements to recommend. It seems Mario Van Peebles directed this movie as a hipster rather than a serious filmmaker. Grade: C
½ January 3, 2013
Entertaining movie a lot better then i expected good story that deals with a lot of issues that young teens face today.
½ December 2, 2012
Yeah it was super lame. You would think it's kinda gonna be like any of the other dance movies. Nope, just some lame raps and some Disney Channel stars trying desperately to seperate themselves from their former lives, probably a little too hard.
November 21, 2012
Wow, I stayed away because the word was bad but now that I've just seen this, I regret my procrastinating. This is a very good and prescient movie the millenial generation.
½ September 25, 2012
i liked the movie on and off
½ August 8, 2012
Uninteresting, unrealistic, and stupid. Save yourself the time and skip it.
August 7, 2012
Watched it last night and loved it!!!!
August 3, 2012
A good watch for all teen's and young Adults like myself.
½ August 1, 2012
With the raunch of "American Pie" and the heart of an after-school special, the comedy turns out to be a lot less than the sum of its parts.
July 31, 2012
This was alot better than expected, the preview dont give this movie n e justice, real good story and the kids were some what real