We Were Here Reviews

• Dec 21, 2018

Gread documentary movie! have watched for free all her movies using boxxy software.

• Dec 28, 2017

Beautiful, both so incredibly sad and inspiring.

Beautiful, both so incredibly sad and inspiring.

• Jan 24, 2017

Heartfelt and horrific, this documentary offers a glimpse into the AIDS epidemic (over 15,000 killed) of the early 80s in San Francisco. It's an overwhelmingly sad piece of history, but the first-hand stories are a reminder of how important a strong and brave community can be in the face of terror.

• Feb 24, 2015

Moving, heartfelt documentary that reflects on first hand accounts of the early days of the AIDS epidemic in San Francisco. This is an important piece of history that should never be forgotten and should be viewed for generations to come.

• Feb 17, 2015

Survivors of the early days of the HIV/AIDS crisis tell their stories of survival. With a new more aggressive form of HIV spreading in Cuba, stories we can't afford to forget. CDW

• Feb 07, 2015

Moral of the story? Politicians never get things right. Ever!

Moral of the story? Politicians never get things right. Ever!

• Oct 08, 2014

A moving portrait of five survivors of the devastation that was caused by AIDS in (mainly) the eighties and nineties in San Francisco. Recommended!

• Aug 17, 2014

nothing particularly stood out about this doc. it was well-made enough, the subjects interesting enough, but nothing we haven't seen before, and no fresh perspective on an issue that frankly has had a lot of coverage. i think if the film had employed a few different efforts (rather than just talking heads for the whole thing) or at least tried to bring some fresh perspectives, or sense of personal urgency to the story, it would have fared better. as it stands, it's just reminiscing.

• Jul 02, 2014

A historical documentary that chronicles the lives and times of some wonderful people who helped the gay community by not turning their backs during the early 80's when the "Gay Plague" hit. A very emotional ride but you will gain a stronger respect for those who helped hold the community together. Great Film.

• Apr 09, 2014

We Were Here reveals a beautiful, horrible holocaust that has receded all too easily from memory. It's a revelation to recall that a majority of Americans now support gay marriage, and it's a tragedy to imagine that acceptance might not have come without such public suffering. One of the harshest quotes in this movie full of love came from the mouth of a father of an AIDS victims in San Francisco: "It's harder for me to find out that my son is a fag than to find out that he's going to be dying soon"