Wedding Crashers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wedding Crashers Reviews

June 13, 2016
Wedding Crashers is a great movie. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are hilarious together. The movie had tons of laughs and a great plot. I would suggest this movie.
May 31, 2016
Would like to see it
May 17, 2016
Funny in many places
½ May 16, 2016
Good film with great comedy. The actors work so well together
May 10, 2016
I actually haven't heard much about this one, but from what I know, it sounds funny.
May 7, 2016
One of the great comedies of the decade.
April 22, 2016
While it has its moments of incredible, the entire movie structure, characters and plot twists feels like just another Owen Wilson movie.
I believe this was the last successful movie this band of comics have produced where the mantle has been long passed on to Judd Apatow's protégées Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, Jason Segal and Jonah Hill.

John (Owen Wilson) and Jeremy (Vince Vaughn) are buddies who crash into weddings taking advantage of the romantic air and single women. During one of their stints they end up in Secretary Cleary (Christopher Walken) eldest daughter's wedding and make their move on his two younger daughters Claire (Rachel McAdams) and Gloria (Isla Fisher). When John starts to have feelings for Claire, they go deeper than they have always trained themselves to be.

Vince Vaughn generates most laughs and best lines in the movie with incredible timing while Wilson was on auto-pilot doing his usual stuff. The brand of comedy is nothing you have not seen before and the most jokes have already been told in different phrasings in other movies. All the characters are stereotypes or caricatures of an ethnicity or social background they belong to, screenplay is too convenient and the movie is a good 40 minutes too long.

Too long, too overrated, hardly any fun
½ April 14, 2016
An overall funny film that suffered from a predictable plot and unfunny second half but benefitted terrifically from Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson.
April 11, 2016
This was a rom com worth watching. Funny acting, good plot. Simply hilarious!
½ April 10, 2016
Before I went in, I expected an enjoyable, brainless comedy with one of the most contrasting yet complementing comedy duos I know. I got that, but I wasn't expecting as much actual comedy, hilarity and originality as I got. The two protagonists have awesome R-rated humour and skills and while the main story thread is predictable, generic, and light, the journey is somewhat special. Comes recommended.
February 24, 2016
Fantastic film - funny, moving, Will Ferrell. Everything that I love!
February 13, 2016
Christopher Walken?! Now you've got my attention - on my list of things to see!
½ February 8, 2016
Carried by the supporting cast.

Two friends, John (played by Owen Wilson) and Jeremy (Vince Vaughn), crash weddings to pick up women. One day they crash the wedding of the daughter of the Treasury Secretary, Secretary Cleary (Christopher Walken). Instead of short-term flings they end up being invited to the Clearys' island estate, and potentially meet the loves of their lives...

Has its moments but mostly quite silly and predictable. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn are quite irritating and unfunny (not really a surprise)

However, the supporting cast is great and almost makes up for Wilson and Vaughn's ineptness and dullness. Isla Fisher is fantastically over-the-top and scary as the clingy Gloria. Rachel McAdams is wonderful as Claire. Bradley Cooper plays the bad guy for once, and does it extremely well - swarmy, in-your-face and very over-the-top. Christopher Walken is...Christopher Walken. And then there's Jane Seymour as a Mrs Robinson-like Mrs Cleary...

Overall - mediocre, but could have been a whole lot worse.
½ January 29, 2016
...But only just. If it comes on telly and I'm not doing anything I might just watch it.
½ January 10, 2016
This is a funny, funny movie! One of the best comedic duos ever. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson have amazing chemistry and both have some awesome witty dialogue. Isla Fisher is also really great as this innocent little girl who just happens to be a sex freak. And who can forget Bradley Cooper as the asshole villain. This might also be my favourite Rachel McAdams performance since Mean Girls. This is an extremely funny comedy but it also works well as a romance and as a drama. Overall, a fantastic picture!
January 4, 2016
Funny and entertaining
December 22, 2015
As an adult, you realize why its a good movie. I rated it 2.0 in an earlier review, because the TV version is messed up.
December 12, 2015
Oh dear... so great.
December 9, 2015
Beyond being an outstanding comedy, this is the type of film which is incredibly rare: an original, R-rated comedic blockbuster with a compelling underlying plot. It strains the three act structure a bit with some meandering, but in this case that's honestly not a problem. Will Ferrell's cameo, for example, is played during what would normally be the denouement, and is outstanding (Mom! we want the meatloaf mom!!).
½ November 19, 2015
Vaughn's greatest performance; hysterical!