Wedding Crashers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wedding Crashers Reviews

½ February 8, 2016
Carried by the supporting cast.

Two friends, John (played by Owen Wilson) and Jeremy (Vince Vaughn), crash weddings to pick up women. One day they crash the wedding of the daughter of the Treasury Secretary, Secretary Cleary (Christopher Walken). Instead of short-term flings they end up being invited to the Clearys' island estate, and potentially meet the loves of their lives...

Has its moments but mostly quite silly and predictable. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn are quite irritating and unfunny (not really a surprise)

However, the supporting cast is great and almost makes up for Wilson and Vaughn's ineptness and dullness. Isla Fisher is fantastically over-the-top and scary as the clingy Gloria. Rachel McAdams is wonderful as Claire. Bradley Cooper plays the bad guy for once, and does it extremely well - swarmy, in-your-face and very over-the-top. Christopher Walken is...Christopher Walken. And then there's Jane Seymour as a Mrs Robinson-like Mrs Cleary...

Overall - mediocre, but could have been a whole lot worse.
½ January 30, 2016
Good funny first half, But yet again replaces comedy with romance and kills the film.
½ January 29, 2016
...But only just. If it comes on telly and I'm not doing anything I might just watch it.
½ January 10, 2016
This is a funny, funny movie! One of the best comedic duos ever. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson have amazing chemistry and both have some awesome witty dialogue. Isla Fisher is also really great as this innocent little girl who just happens to be a sex freak. And who can forget Bradley Cooper as the asshole villain. This might also be my favourite Rachel McAdams performance since Mean Girls. This is an extremely funny comedy but it also works well as a romance and as a drama. Overall, a fantastic picture!
January 4, 2016
Funny and entertaining
December 22, 2015
As an adult, you realize why its a good movie. I rated it 2.0 in an earlier review, because the TV version is messed up.
December 12, 2015
Oh dear... so great.
December 9, 2015
Beyond being an outstanding comedy, this is the type of film which is incredibly rare: an original, R-rated comedic blockbuster with a compelling underlying plot. It strains the three act structure a bit with some meandering, but in this case that's honestly not a problem. Will Ferrell's cameo, for example, is played during what would normally be the denouement, and is outstanding (Mom! we want the meatloaf mom!!).
½ November 19, 2015
Vaughn's greatest performance; hysterical!
November 17, 2015
There's something about Walken, Vaughn, Wilson Trio that makes me laugh out loud at every turn.
½ November 12, 2015
Time to find a wedding!
½ November 7, 2015
The plot makes no sense, but the movie is incredibly funny and Will Ferrel's cameo's the best.
October 10, 2015
A crude comedy that showcases Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan's chemistry to the highest point. 'Wedding Crashers' is hilarious throughout but it also offers a sweet romance feel between the characters of Wilson and McAdams. Bradley Cooper is a riot as the testosterone fueled 'Sack' Lodge. Will Ferrell's appearance was also pure gold. So,as you can see, there are plenty of reasons to watch and enjoy this comedy.
½ September 23, 2015
Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn make a great and often hilarious team. They always play pretty much the same characters in all their films, but they're likable and funny. And Vince Vaughn, with his fast-talking, stream-of-consciousness comedy, is always watchable. If it wasn't for these two guys, the movie would probably be a waste. The plot is irrelevant, it's just a vehicle for these guys to clown. Good movie, often hilarious, and something I can watch over and over for a laugh. And Will Ferrell as Chaz is absolutely hilarious...."Almost nunchucked you. you don't realise how lucky you are."
½ September 22, 2015
This movie was insane. It was so funny at times I had to pause it and laugh. I do think it could have been just as funny without the nudity and cursing but that's just me. Still hilarious and even a little touching at times.
September 12, 2015
own it....HILARIOUS!!
September 12, 2015
The grade A cast and premise seem to be utilized in the first half, but it slowly sags in the middle and gets very pedestrian in the final act. Realism is completely thrown out the window for laughs, and Bradley Cooper's character had no redeeming qualities so he was very one dimensional. The film does have occasional laughs, but it could have been shorter and more to the point.
September 7, 2015
Havent seen it. Not interested. Hollywood comedies are lame.
September 5, 2015
finally got around to seeing this.
August 29, 2015
Wedding Crashers is both sweet and funny.
Performance is fine, but the chemistry between characters is great. Especially the chemistry between Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. They both run the show. There are some cliche' but it worked perfectly.

There are some minor problems with this movie, but I don't care because I had a super-fun time with Wedding Crashers and I love it.