The Wedding Date - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wedding Date Reviews

October 27, 2014
Absolutely love this movie!!!
September 20, 2014
I think it was very sweet. In fact I wish there would be Wedding Date 2. The story of a young woman with a broken heart isn't new but it still held my interest until the very end. Mulroney should be on Peoples most beautiful list every year along with Messing. Six grand is a lot of money for a date but if I had it and Dermot Mulroney was available, we'll lets just say that I would be at the bank ten minutes before it opens. All in all, the acting was fair for what it was,a sweet little romantic comedy. There were some of the sweetest lines ever to be written such as "I would rather fight with you than make love with anyone else" and "I think I would miss you even if we hadn't met." A very sweet movie with just enough sexual overtones to make you wish for more.
½ August 27, 2014
An Unfunny , unromantic pretentious film
August 21, 2014
What I Would Call The Unofficial Sequel To 'My Best Friend's Wedding', & It's Got The Works, Romance, Betrayal, Serendipitous Love..Even A Bit Of Mister Buble!!...But As Follow-Ons Go, It's Far Too Predictable & In Parts , It's. Just Blatently Lame..
July 22, 2014
absolutely mediocre in every way - and completely unrealistic in terms of depicting human relationships. I mean I know romantic comedies aren't really supposed to depict reality, but this movie didn't even try and as a result just seemed absurd and ridiculous.
July 7, 2014
Wedding Date is such a sweet movie and the soundtrack is pretty awesome too!
½ June 29, 2014
Fun film, although predictable... Perfect for Sunday afternoon family viewing!!!
½ June 16, 2014
i like debra messing but this is really boring. most romantic movies i've seen have at least a couple funny moments. this is just a mix of all the cheesy themes. wedding, 2 strangers getting to know and love each other, secrets, heartbreak, dancing, rain. has nice soundtrack songs though
½ May 7, 2014
My husband watched this movie on a business trip and recommended it to me. This is a great chick flick movie and I love it
May 2, 2014
I am a sucker for romance movies but this one just sucked the life off me
April 25, 2014
I love it! This is my ultimate can watch anytime movie! It is especially good for nights when I am by myself.
April 7, 2014
Dermot Mulroney is a capable actor - but it's movies like this that have held him back for so many years. 'The Wedding Date' is one of the worst films of 2005, and Debra Messing is one of the worst actresses on the planet.
March 9, 2014
Love this movie! Debra and Dermot have the best chemistry!
½ March 4, 2014
Pretty decent chick flick with a twist. A brides sister hires a male escort as she hears her ex is going to be the best man at the wedding and plans on making him jealous only to find out she falls in love with the male escort
January 30, 2014
One of my most favourite chick flicks!
November 16, 2013
This is rather flat, but it''s not as bad as many make out. The last ten minutes are actually quite good.
I did like the wedding scenes, but yes, I have to concede it is a little underwhelming. I have seen better-rated films and been more bored, though. At least this held my attention for the full 90 minutes.
½ November 10, 2013
2 of my SMASH people: Debra Messing and Jack Davenport
lots of similar parts to Pretty Woman (except, ya know, about the guy)
Debra's eyes remind me of Angie/Reese
awesome line: I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met
½ October 12, 2013
Sappy script, dull, pedestrian. Goofy newlyweds might like it. Probably not.
½ October 9, 2013
I don't know why this movie was not rated well. My wife and I enjoy this movie.
July 20, 2013
There was nothing of note on TV and Debra Messing's really cute.