Wedding Director (Il Regista di Matrimoni) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wedding Director (Il Regista di Matrimoni) Reviews

November 6, 2015
Even if the incomprehensible last half-hour is a miss, this is a well-directed and sharp comedy with a great performance by Castellitto - and the scenes involving a film director faking his own death are the highlight.
½ November 16, 2012
Un incipit molto coinvolgente con un finale sempre pi¨ irrisolto. La storia va oltre l'uomo vittima di un complotto ed Ŕ costellata di intrecci tra storie parallele aventi come protagonista sempre lo stesso soggetto. Un film quasi "lynchiano" nella trama, con una visione "bunuelana" ma che pu˛ apparire troppo personale e irrisoluto.
½ May 25, 2009
every time you think you have got a grasp of what's happening,you are proven wrong
italian films like to think they are so artisitc,but in reality,it is a huge pile of shite
May 25, 2009
Too obscure for it's own good, the story continually gets lost behind all the meaning and feeling that is put into the characters. It's not the most enthralling of stories either.
½ April 14, 2009
½ October 11, 2008
Bellocchio non si smentisce mai
½ July 8, 2008
Sorry i hate reviews so all I am going to say is that it was nice, but not my cup of tea
May 23, 2008
Not quite the convulsive experience of the best Bellocchio movies (by that, i mean FISTS IN THE POCKET, CHINA IS NEAR, LEAP INTO THE VOID, and GOOD MORNING NIGHT), at first even a little off-putting. But then it slowly begins to fragment into these odd tangents, which seem more associative than strictly linear, and then it becomes quite funny with some slapstick misadventures during filming, but there's also an underlying sadness, because of the desperation and the arrogance involved in show business.
November 12, 2007
Definitivamente hay que pensar si en efecto hay algo por descubrir m├ís all├í de lo que se nos presenta, o si deber├şamos tomarla exactamente como es y recostarnos en la familiaridad que su est├ętica provee. ┬┐?
October 20, 2007
Surreal in all the right places - this is not a movie to watch if you like films 'that make sense'. An interesting - if at times overly insular - look at filmmaking and the baggage of expectation that comes with it. Castellitto continues to show why he is one of the best actors working in Europe today.
½ October 16, 2007
One of the worst films I've ever had the displeasure of watching. Absolutely no point to it. One or two standalone humorous segments don't make up for the rest of this sloppy film. Save your money, avoid at all costs.
September 30, 2007
sarà anche geniale bellocchio...ma io non ho capito niente!
½ September 14, 2007
it was a bit boring but visually nice
½ September 5, 2007
Absolute crap. This movie does not make sense. Was it all a dream? Or no? Castellitto plays a famous director who is supposed to shoot a remake of the Italian classic, I Promessi Sposi. He inexplicably leaves Rome for Sicily and tangles with a bunch of aristocratic wierdos. The sole benefit of this movie is the wonderful Sicilian songs performed by a couple of people. Other than that, fuggedaboutit. Sergio, perche hai fatto?
½ July 19, 2007
oh my goodness this film was horrible. I saw it at a film festival but wanted to just punch the writer in the face. my goodness how bad can a story get??? hahaha seriously
January 22, 2007
I like the direction but...What the hell happens in this story??
½ January 10, 2007
i saw this but didnt like it. i only liked the commentary on filmmaking. its not the actors fault its the story s fault.