Wedding in White - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wedding in White Reviews

July 8, 2017
Likely not seen by most American filmgoers, this Canadian drama starring a 20-year-old Carol Kane is one of the saddest films I've ever seen. Wedding in White is uncompromising to the end (literally) in its depiction of the toll small-minded ignorance can take on a family. Dismissed as dimwitted by the people around her, Kane plays a 16-year-old girl so mentally and physically beaten down by her life circumstances, the viewer's heart will break for what she is made to endure. Also a jarring reminder of how easily misery and suffering can be passed from one generation to the next.
½ July 1, 2014
Out of this commonplace story about ordinary people, the Canadian writer and director William Fruet has fashioned "Wedding in White," a poignant, bitter, sometimes surprisingly funny slice-of-life. It really does recreate its wartime society; everything about it is right: the clothes, the dialog and particularly the prejudices and ignorance.
December 29, 2010
This movie is very realistic and sad, it's beautifully tragic, and Kane is perfect as the main character. I really liked this movie.
November 1, 2009
This Canadian film is a true gem!!
½ August 29, 2009
Have a box of tissues. I would never have imagined Carol Kane playing the role she played in this. Unbelievably good. Terrific cast. As I related a real tear jerker.