The Wedding Planner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wedding Planner Reviews

February 24, 2016
The Wedding Planner is not funny, romantic, or charming, but it manages to make me throw up because there is no chemistry whatsoever between the two leads.
½ January 29, 2016
Mmm....yeah. It was bad. Upon first viewing it seemed like a middle of the road lite rom-com. But upon subsequent viewings it really loses its charm fast and once you know it's basically ripping off My Best Friends Wedding in all the wrong ways, you'll want to opt for that one instead. After 30 minutes into the movie you'll quickly realize the plot does not make sense and it only goes downhill from there...fast. Also this film as some awful, and I mean awful one liners. Just some really too dramatic acting from McConaughey and some bland, lifeless yet still overly dramatic acting from Lopez. Give this a pass.
January 21, 2016
It's a little cheesy at some points but what chick flick isn't?
½ January 2, 2016
Nothing too surprising here. A formulaic romantic comedy. Pretty funny in parts, and relatively engaging. The leads are charismatic.
October 24, 2015
I love this movie and you'll like it if you are into love stories. J Lo is great in this one, and the story is kinda cute. :-)
August 31, 2015
I liked this movie as a kid... don't judge me Mark :P
½ August 31, 2015
Jennifer Lopez is probably one of the worst actresses on the planet. Every line of dialog she has is like her trying to remember how to speak English after being in a coma. So forced. This movie is unspeakably bad. I think when the first scene you have people at a wedding ignore the bride walking down the aisle just to point out, "OH, THERE'S THE WEDDING PLANNER" you know you are in some trouble. And trouble was to be had.

This movie is just shit. McConaughey is a child's doctor who saves Lopez from getting run over by a runway dumpster set in motion by an Asian stereotype. They lay in the middle of the road in missionary, long enough for Lopez to be impregnated and for the child limbs to form before they got up. Of course, McConaughey has a fiancee who he rather not marry. Why the hot pediatrician didn't just find someone else, who knows. McConaughey cavorts with Lopez for a while until WAKKA WAKKA Lopez has to plan McConaughey's wedding.

Then there's this whole business that Lopez needs to plan this wedding because it'll make her a lot of money and she can open up her own planning business and who fucking cares.

They cavort long enough and McConaughey falls for Lopez. This sucked. I think there was a scene where McConaughey gets super glue on his hand and in a hilarious bit, puts his hand on the penis of a statue to act cool in front of a security guard. When the guard says to "take his hand off the penis" the penis snaps off, destroying what was sure to be a priceless Renaissance age statue. Lopez and McConaughey have a laugh about it.

This sucked.
June 9, 2015
She thinks highly of herself.
½ June 4, 2015
Bored the living daylight out of me. Also, why is J-Lo's hair so flat in every scene? Dear J-Lo's hairstylist: we get it... you own hair gel, sheesh.
May 27, 2015
So full of cliches, bad writing, and cringe-worthy moments that it's painful to watch. Surprisingly a downer of a film as well.
March 31, 2015
This movie is the definition of average. The performances (excluding J-lo who was terrible) is average, the concept is old, and its basically what i expect from every rom com ever. however if you like the genre i see know reason why you wouldnt enjoy this movie.
½ February 15, 2015
Loved this movie. Loved the twists.
½ January 16, 2015
Predictable but easy watching
December 6, 2014
The bad part is that you know what's going to happen from the very start. The good part is that it kind of keeps you interested anyway. Kind of.
½ November 29, 2014
Kinda entertaining, but not too special.
½ August 17, 2014
(First and only full viewing - In my early twenties)
July 7, 2014
Who doesn't love Wedding Movies? Enough said, this is My Favorite Movie! <3
½ June 30, 2014
This is an average comedy about falling for someone you can't have. It was an okay movie except the part of Justin Chambers playing an Italian. Justin Chambers will always be associated as Alex Karev in Grey's Anatomy and he's one of those people who just can't play anyone else because it gets weird. Especially when he has a fake Italian accent.
Other than that it was an okay average comedy that you're probably gonna forget the next day.