Week-End in Havana - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Week-End in Havana Reviews

½ May 3, 2015
Another Technicolor Fox travelogue, not as giddy as its predecessors but still a lot of fun; Faye sings "Tropical Magic" and Miranda warbles "When I Love, I Love."
January 20, 2013
I really enjoyed this musical. Carmen Miranda and Cesar Romero are especially charming and at the top of their game. The songs and dancing routines are first class, a little "Hermes Pan" influence. I am also a fan of John Payne. His understated and often over looked skills as an actor are on display as be brings a light touch to this enjoyable romp. I thought Alice Faye was wonderful but would like to have seen her do a couple of more musical numbers like she has done in her other projects. No one can introduce a song during the era of the 30s and 40s like Alice. The colors are big, bright and beautiful and makes for a wonderful watch. I may be old fashioned but this is a film i could watch with the grand children and laugh out loud with them.
December 23, 2012
At the center of this dog of a musical (undoubtedly a chihuahua) is Alice Faye who gives a triple threat impersonation of a petulant Macy's shop girl--her acting is atrocious, her "dancing" is amateurish and her singing is--well, was she really off-key? The songs are forgettable even as you're hearing them. The only good thing about this clinker is Carmen Miranda's dazzlingly zany wardrobe, but that doesn't justify sitting through this schlock rehash of musical cliches.
March 7, 2012
tropic isla back lot style
½ June 23, 2011
Velvety costumes and sets. Alicia Faye offers sultry vocals.
December 24, 2010
A fun romp through Cuba with some singing and dancing. Not much substance, though. Why does anyone love one another?
½ December 21, 2008
7.5/10. Delightful musical comedy with a terrific cast. John Payne is excellent, Alice Faye is well cast and the supporting cast is superb, especially Carmen Miranda and Cesar Romero. Fun, entertaining and has great musical numbers. Excellent sets, fine costumes.
October 9, 2008
Alice Faye is absolutely beautiful in this colorful week end rendevous with the Hunk of man John Payne. Carmen Miranda rounds out the fun, the colors in this flix is astonishing.
½ October 1, 2008
Fun and very entertaining. Romantic with some very classy scenes :) Love this movie!