Weirdsville - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Weirdsville Reviews

February 1, 2013
Two junkies, who are planning a safe heist to pay off the mobster they owe $8000, clash with Satanists when they interrupt a ritual while burying an overdosed friend. At times this stoned black comedy from the director of PUMP UP THE VOLUME flirts with BIG LEBOWSKI-esque greatness, but some questionable contrivances and forced quirkiness put it in the merely entertaining range.
January 14, 2013
Very stupid. Very funny. Some real laugh out loud moments. Pretty cool soundtrack too.
November 25, 2012
While the 'loveable crackheads' idea is nothing we haven't seen before, once the story gets moving it manages to hold our attention. And even if alot of what happens can be argued as childish humour masked 'indie quirkiness', it's still pretty amusing. Really it's the actors that sell it, because the execution is nothing special. An amusing little film, but nothing that need be thought about or discussed afterwards.
July 13, 2012
So over-directed almost all of the jokes fall flat
½ February 19, 2012
some funny moments while running from the dealer...!
February 1, 2012
Just like the title, go into this movie expecting something different. I was surprised how well it was done and from not hearing about it it was really funny. In my taste anyway.
½ January 17, 2012
Extremely odd and has tons of different genre nods. It shouldn't work but incredibly it does it well.
½ November 18, 2011
Maybe I should have gotten stoned to watched this cause it was just boring. Weird huh?
½ September 16, 2011
A bit disjointed and really sluggish in the middle. Picks up at the end. Seriously weird.
May 30, 2011
This movie was moderately funny. I had to watch until the end just to make sure that these idiots survived themselves.
May 29, 2011
A man stabbed in the head with an icicle, drug dealers, a satanic cult and midgets who dress up as medieval could you go wrong?
May 4, 2011
enjoyable for what it is. But not great.
April 16, 2011
[font=Courier New][b] Weirdsville is a prime example of a classic black comedy. a series of crazy and unfortunate events that occur all in one night, with a body count of coarse. [/b]Scott Speedman and Wes Bentley act as an amazing duo, which gives indie films like this a good name [/font]
½ March 17, 2011
Tiresome and unlikely and guilty of trying too hard.
February 6, 2011
Sorry, Canada, but that was a total fail. Bleh.
January 30, 2011
Like Guy Ritchie directing a Kevin Smith film. ish.
½ January 30, 2011
Just a new film on Sky, I usually have a look at anything called slacker comedy as that's what 'Dude, where's my car?' was billed as.

Yet again...nothing like the genius of Dude, not even often films which aren't funny are billed as black comedy. I ended up just suffering through getting increasingly annoyed by the stupidity of the doped up leads.

The acting is probably really good...maybe cultists and heroin addicts are this frustrating and irritating, I just don't want to find out.

Dull and annoying...not worth it.
½ December 17, 2010
amusing & entertaining comedy.
December 16, 2010
Quirky dark comedy where a couple of losers are caught up in drugs and stolen money and it's enjoyable enough without ever being that great a film
December 12, 2010
Hilariously stupid! I'm surprised that sprayonnaise doesn't already exist!